Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hotel/B&B's in Toronto

Wikiposts

Hotel/B&B's in Toronto

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hotel/B&B's in Toronto

For me the Travelodge is a little far out of centre. I would be rather be in the centre of things.

I have never been there but Bond Place is a great location. It just depends on what they want to be near. Yorkville? Eaton Centre? Entertainment District?

As I live in Toronto, this is the only hotel I have stayed at http://www.pantageshotel.com/ for a conference with my husband's work, very nice but probably the price is ugly.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 7:40 am
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alvic
Yes that is helpful thank you - however in June it costs $279 per night for a 1 bed suite so I'd be interested if the prices change that dramatically from the winter!!

coffee -> keyboard

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 9:39 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have been researching the Niagara daytrips and none of them seem to actually stop in Niagara-on-the-lake, which my folks want to do.

Had a thought then about them going on the Greyhound early morning and back in the evening and taking a trip to N-O-T-L in between.

Do any of you know is there info on the bus times between the two or should they just hop in a taxi?

Greyhound seems to be a good option with the 3 of them return for $97.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute

I last went to NF on Greyhound around 5 years ago and the bus doesn't really stop there, it is quite a way from the Falls/touristy bit, you either need to get another bus or a taxi from there...it might have changed though. This of course adds time on the journey. I also remember that you don't actually reserve a seat, so it's first come, first serve, if it is busy they they won't be able to get on. Just another point to bear in mind.

I can't imagine fitting in both NF and NOTL in 1 day.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by babsi
I last went to NF on Greyhound around 5 years ago and the bus doesn't really stop there, it is quite a way from the Falls/touristy bit, you either need to get another bus or a taxi from there...it might have changed though. This of course adds time on the journey. I also remember that you don't actually reserve a seat, so it's first come, first serve, if it is busy they they won't be able to get on. Just another point to bear in mind.

I can't imagine fitting in both NF and NOTL in 1 day.
All good points to consider Babsi, thank you
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 10:28 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

We routinely take visitors, by car, to Niagara and then to NOTL in one day. In Niagara there are two really good attractions; the Maid of the Mist and the Cave of the Winds (on the US side but worth the scenic walk across the bridge), everything else is pretty horrible. NOTL is desperately twee but there's a passable pub there. I think it would be hard going to do both in one day by bus but why not rent a car?
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by dbd33
We routinely take visitors, by car, to Niagara and then to NOTL in one day. In Niagara there are two really good attractions; the Maid of the Mist and the Cave of the Winds (on the US side but worth the scenic walk across the bridge), everything else is pretty horrible. NOTL is desperately twee but there's a passable pub there. I think it would be hard going to do both in one day by bus but why not rent a car?
My Dad's driving on the right side of the road is really something else - not something you would subject a Canadian too at all and my Mum refuses to allow him to rent a car

Don't forget that tourists love "all things twee".

Didn'nt know you could cross over to the US side as easily as that.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 10:46 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alvic
My Dad's driving on the right side of the road is really something else - not something you would subject a Canadian too at all and my Mum refuses to allow him to rent a car

Don't forget that tourists love "all things twee".

Didn'nt know you could cross over to the US side as easily as that.
It's $6 each in visa fees if you're on a UK passport, having the right money is a great help. Really good view from the middle of the bridge.