Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hopping on the treadmill

Hopping on the treadmill

Old Mar 28th 2007, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of
Default Hopping on the treadmill

Hi all
Just a quick hello before I go off and have a scout around the forums after several days of lurking
I'm a midwife, currently based in Hants but am just about to start the application process for emigrating to Canada - we (that is myself and my bf) just want out of the UK! Apparently there is a fast track application via pns. Does anyone have any idea how long this takes - and are there any midwives out there who could offer any advice?
Thanks
Old Mar 28th 2007, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hopping on the treadmill

Hi minimeeze and may I be the first to welcome you to the forum. I recommend that you have a good search on all your questions using the search button on the top right for any questions you may have. Most of us regulars to the forum use this tool a lot. Just by inputting 'nurses' or 'midwife' will bring up loads of other peoples questions and answers.

Whereabouts in Canada are you thinking of? Other forum readers may post on here if they have relevant answers to a Province you are interested in.

I am a police woman and my family and I want to move to Vancouver Island where I have family so I don't have any useful links in your area of work but welcome and good luck.

Robin
Old Mar 28th 2007, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

Thanks for the reply and warm welcome Robin. We are hoping to move to BC, but it all depends on where I can get work.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:21 pm
Vi

rossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by minimeeze
Hi all
Just a quick hello before I go off and have a scout around the forums after several days of lurking
I'm a midwife, currently based in Hants but am just about to start the application process for emigrating to Canada - we (that is myself and my bf) just want out of the UK! Apparently there is a fast track application via pns. Does anyone have any idea how long this takes - and are there any midwives out there who could offer any advice?
Thanks
Hi
Welcome to you both.
I am a midwife,was a senior labour ward sister for over 10 years in the Uk and loved it.
However when moving to canada i discovered that the Uk certificates dont mean too much here as I was told that I would have to undertake 2 years training before being able to work in ( Prince Edward Island).
Each province has its own set of rules so perhaps you should read up on the BC.Midwives site re- qualifications etc.
I wish you both luck and if you need any help do get in touch. Best wishes Vi.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rossandvi
Hi
Welcome to you both.
I am a midwife,was a senior labour ward sister for over 10 years in the Uk and loved it.
However when moving to canada i discovered that the Uk certificates dont mean too much here as I was told that I would have to undertake 2 years training before being able to work in ( Prince Edward Island).
Each province has its own set of rules so perhaps you should read up on the BC.Midwives site re- qualifications etc.
I wish you both luck and if you need any help do get in touch. Best wishes Vi.
Thanks Vi.
It works slightly differently in BC as I have to do something called PLEA which is basically a prior learning experience assessment something or other, with an exam at the end, Not cheap, but hopefully worth it.
How have you found midwifery in Canada in comparison with the UK? I've been a midwife here for 10 years with the majority of my experience being community based. I currently have a caseload of about 200