Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hooray -A JOB !!!!!!!!

Hooray -A JOB !!!!!!!!

Old Dec 11th 2007, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Very_Optimistic is on a distinguished road
Default Hooray -A JOB !!!!!!!!

OH has verbally accepted a job on the Island (Courtenay) All subject to getting the LMO and work permit etc etc but I am soooooooo excited just had to post !

Anyone living in the Comox Valley ? Any advice on areas to live, areas to avoid, realtors, good schools, the usual stuff. I've researched the Fraser Institute cards and roamed around MLS but any firsthand advice would be much appreciated

We are also going across to the Island for a few days from 20th Jan, leaving the kids with my parents in the hope of getting more covered (mixed emotions -first time we are leaving them).

Too much excitement and just the best Christmas present ever !

Thanks to everyone on the forum for all advice received so far, keep it coming. Happy Holidays !
Old Dec 11th 2007, 9:53 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hooray -A JOB !!!!!!!!

Congratulations
Charlie
Old Dec 11th 2007, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and best wishes!
Old Dec 11th 2007, 2:04 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Well done to you both - such a lot to look forward to now - Merry Christmas
Old Dec 11th 2007, 5:29 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Very_Optimistic
OH has verbally accepted a job on the Island (Courtenay) All subject to getting the LMO and work permit etc etc but I am soooooooo excited just had to post !

Anyone living in the Comox Valley ? Any advice on areas to live, areas to avoid, realtors, good schools, the usual stuff. I've researched the Fraser Institute cards and roamed around MLS but any firsthand advice would be much appreciated

We are also going across to the Island for a few days from 20th Jan, leaving the kids with my parents in the hope of getting more covered (mixed emotions -first time we are leaving them).

Too much excitement and just the best Christmas present ever !

Thanks to everyone on the forum for all advice received so far, keep it coming. Happy Holidays !
Congratulations, best wishes to you all
Terese
Old Dec 11th 2007, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

MatInKamloops is an unknown quantity at this point

Beautiful part of the world!
Old Dec 11th 2007, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MatInKamloops
Beautiful part of the world!
I sure hope so, we still haven't been there but looks good in the photos
Thanks for all the congrats, I'm so excited I think it's going to last for days
No one owning up to living in the Comox Valley on the forum ? I promise I'll calm down eventually ...
Old Dec 11th 2007, 8:48 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Very_Optimistic
No one owning up to living in the Comox Valley on the forum ?
Gloveman lives in Merville, and Gooding lives in South Courtney. Those are the BE members who spring immediately to mind. There are other BE members on Vancouver Island, several in the southeast corner, but a few in Nanaimo, Campbell River, etc.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Judy -as knowledgeable as ever !
Old Dec 12th 2007, 4:06 am
Just Joined

JudithRound is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi and congratulations! Just seen your post. We have lived in Courtenay for exactly three years this weekend. A truly wonderful place in so many respects.
Judith and Philip Round
Old Dec 12th 2007, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Hi Judith,

Sounds like you love it there. Do you have any suggestions as to good areas to live for a young family or areas that should be avoided ? Workwise OH will be based in Courtenay and St. Josephs Hospital.

Do you know of Crown Isle area in terms of the real estate side -what is that like ?

Also, any 'word of mouth' recommendations as to good elementary schools ? I am guessing this will be a key driver in terms of where we live.
Old Dec 12th 2007, 11:56 am
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

Congrats optimistic, i wish you all the best

regards

Steve
Old Dec 13th 2007, 2:30 am
Just Joined

JudithRound is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, we know Crown Isle well (it's the most upmarket residential area in Courtenay itself, built around a championship golf course. It's less than ten minutes by car from the hospital). We're also very familiar most other areas of the Comox Valley, urban and rural, partly because Philip is a local newspaper reporter here so gets all over the place. He has also followed the debate about local schools reorganization, which is a big issue at the moment as several schools are being closed next year due to falling pupil numbers (despite the fact that the Comox Valley's overall population is rising rapidly - it's all to do with the unusual demographics here). Depends on how old your children are as to whether they are likely to be seriously affected. It would be best to share a lot more detail on a one-to-one basis, but as we are new to this group and this is only our second post, we can't access your email address yet and our attempt to pass on ours with our first posting was tactfully deleted by someone. I think after one more post we will be successful, so ask me another question! Judith and Philip Round
Old Dec 13th 2007, 2:39 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JudithRound
Yes, we know Crown Isle well (it's the most upmarket residential area in Courtenay itself, built around a championship golf course. It's less than ten minutes by car from the hospital). We're also very familiar most other areas of the Comox Valley, urban and rural, partly because Philip is a local newspaper reporter here so gets all over the place. He has also followed the debate about local schools reorganization, which is a big issue at the moment as several schools are being closed next year due to falling pupil numbers (despite the fact that the Comox Valley's overall population is rising rapidly - it's all to do with the unusual demographics here). Depends on how old your children are as to whether they are likely to be seriously affected. It would be best to share a lot more detail on a one-to-one basis, but as we are new to this group and this is only our second post, we can't access your email address yet and our attempt to pass on ours with our first posting was tactfully deleted by someone. I think after one more post we will be successful, so ask me another question! Judith and Philip Round
Do you have kids, Judith?

I'm just asking you a question, any question, to make it easier for you to post your third message and be able to access the private message capability.

So just tell me something, anything.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.