Reload this Page >

Homeware Stores in Toronto/Medical Drop In

Wikiposts

Homeware Stores in Toronto/Medical Drop In

Old Mar 21st 2009, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Michael-B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Homeware Stores in Toronto/Medical Drop In

Sorry for the random combination of questions but I thought it was preferable to starting two threads. First up, can anyone recommend a store similar to Dwell in Toronto? I know there are a couple of Ikea's in the surrounding towns (Etobicoke & North York) but am idealy looking for something in Downtown that is modern and contemporary and won't break the bank.

Also, how does the medical system here work again? I have insurance cover from the UK and could do to get a foot injury checked out (sustained whilst running last week). Would I have to pay upfront to be seen at a drop in medical centre or could I just drop by a large drug store and have a qualified staff member take a look? What would you recommend?

Thanks,

Michael
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 1:05 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homeware Stores in Toronto/Medical Drop In

Originally Posted by Michael-B
Also, how does the medical system here work again? I have insurance cover from the UK and could do to get a foot injury checked out (sustained whilst running last week). Would I have to pay upfront to be seen at a drop in medical centre or could I just drop by a large drug store and have a qualified staff member take a look? What would you recommend?
I'd take it to a hobble in clinic. The one at Gerrard and Coxwell is very close to a streetcar stop and is used to dealing with injured foreigners; they somehow lost the bill each time my undocumented partner went there. I also had great service from the one at Woodbine and Danforth.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

Michael-B is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks DBD, I'll head out to Danforth tomorrow and get it seen too. With these clinics and clinics in general (unless they lose the bill, which I'm very much hoping for), would I have to pay just to be seen or only if I require any treatment or a prescription?
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 5:05 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks DBD, I'll head out to Danforth tomorrow and get it seen too. With these clinics and clinics in general (unless they lose the bill, which I'm very much hoping for), would I have to pay just to be seen or only if I require any treatment or a prescription?
That I don't know. I use them but have OHIP. The OH expected to pay for being seen but she's American, she expects to have to pay if a doctor passes her in the street.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 7:05 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

This is a while ago so my memory is a bit hazy, but the daughter of a german family we befriended while living there was visiting us (alone) and needed to visit a walk-in. I think the cost was $30 for a consultation (which as a good host, I of course paid. ).