Wikiposts

Homesick kids

Old Sep 12th 2010, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homesick kids

Originally Posted by Merry
Maybe that's the problem - maybe we should have moved to England

Thanks everyone for their input and your comments are all probably spot on. I'm reassured anyway that other children have been through this and we're not alone. I'm sure part of all this is triggered by going back to school and the realisation that they really are staying here now, it's not just all a great holiday. I'm sure the 12 year old will quite quickly get over it but the 9 year old I can see moving back to Scotland as soon as he's old enough although what he doesn't realise is that things will not be the same as when he left, but I think he'll not be happy until he sees that for himself.

Hi Lisa - you're not far away at all, we're in Kingswood. Good to hear from you again - thanks.
Well my youngest was 18 last winter and was a bit miffed that all his UK mates (not English or Scottish or Welsh or ukrainian or....) were enjoying pubs and clubs and he had to wait till he was 19. He kept saying he was going back for a holiday in the summer to party and all that stuff. Well he works full time and paid for his own ticket to go back and my wife also went so she could see her family (they both stayed at her sisters)
Well to cut a long story short he enjoyed his time and went pubbing/clubbing but he admitted that things had changed and some of his mates didn't even bother to meet up at all and his best mate who now has a full time girlfriend hardly spent any time with him which made him cross.

I would think that at nine years old your son has many Canadian years ahead of him to enjoy all sorts of things that he perhaps wouldn't do back home and by the time he is old enough to decide where he wants to be Scotland will be a distant memory.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 4:38 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=sheera67;8843137]
Originally Posted by Alberta_Rose
The grandparents visit may have upset them, but maybe cos it's the start of the school year too??

Perhaps once the semester gets going they will be busy more with their new friends and England will fade somewhat

Originally Posted by Ray7663
Alberta rose.
You should read posts fully before commenting. The worst thing since moving is all the English people assumeing your also English.
Originally Posted by Alan2005
Yes, it's absolutely the worst possible thing that could happen. That alberta rose is a real piece of work. Giving friendly advice is one thing, but getting the OP's location wrong is beyond the pale - it's like wishing she had cancer or something.
Originally Posted by fledermaus
I thought she was Welsh anyway.
Thanks Alan, to Batty, ... and I do beg your puddins to anybody else I inadvertently offended by not reading the small print and making terrible assumptions! I only meant to extend some sympathy/empathy .... we've all been through it.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Alberta_Rose;8857123]
Originally Posted by sheera67

Thanks Alan, to Batty, ... and I do beg your puddins to anybody else I inadvertently offended by not reading the small print and making terrible assumptions! I only meant to extend some sympathy/empathy .... we've all been through it.
I wouldnt worry about it...not that I'm sure you are. Im a scot and am way past being annoyed with English folks clubbing us all together. What does it matter, whats the harm?
If we were to read everyone prfile we'd never post anything!

PS Alberta Rose...who the hells Batty (was it not Merry)...dont tell me you got the name wrong as well?
Old Sep 18th 2010, 10:40 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=LinsyPinsy;8858370]
Originally Posted by Alberta_Rose

PS Alberta Rose...who the hells Batty
Die Fledermaus
Old Sep 18th 2010, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Alberta_Rose;8858409]
Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy

Die Fledermaus
Ahh, all makes sense now. Just noticed the.
have a great weekend
lns