Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Homesick Foods

Homesick Foods

Old Dec 4th 2008, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

pcuz is a jewel in the roughpcuz is a jewel in the roughpcuz is a jewel in the roughpcuz is a jewel in the roughpcuz is a jewel in the rough
Default Homesick Foods

Hi Guys,

Feeling a little homesick this week :-( can anybody tell if there are any british food shops in Downtown Toronto or nearby please? Fancy some food from home! :-)

Cheers,

P
Old Dec 4th 2008, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

debbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nice
Default Re: Homesick Foods

Originally Posted by pcuz
Hi Guys,

Feeling a little homesick this week :-( can anybody tell if there are any british food shops in Downtown Toronto or nearby please? Fancy some food from home! :-)

Cheers,

P
'
There is one at Mississauga 'a bit of home' it has a website.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

Cheers,

P
Not quiet downtown but in the beach.

http://www.thenuttychocolatier.com/locations.php
Old Dec 4th 2008, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

pcuz is a jewel in the roughpcuz is a jewel in the roughpcuz is a jewel in the roughpcuz is a jewel in the roughpcuz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Not quiet downtown but in the beach.

http://www.thenuttychocolatier.com/locations.php
Great thats close enough! :-) Do they just sell chocolate? was looking for some nice biscuits, baked beans and more savory stuff! :-)
Old Dec 4th 2008, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Great thats close enough! :-) Do they just sell chocolate? was looking for some nice biscuits, baked beans and more savory stuff! :-)
You'll find lots of UK chocolate and Walkers crisps not sure about the savory stuff as I was making a bee line for the Galaxy bars (It is a bit expensive but I guess that's to be expected).
Old Dec 4th 2008, 5:48 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its not in your area but for foods that I or the kids really fancy (going through the missing home stage) I order from a uk site that ship to canada www.britishcornershop.com . They are brill, sell everything you can think of and you'll usually get the parcel in about a week to 10 days.
happy shopping
Terese
Old Dec 4th 2008, 5:51 pm
wannabecalgarian

xxTinksxx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by terese677
Its not in your area but for foods that I or the kids really fancy (going through the missing home stage) I order from a uk site that ship to canada www.britishcornershop.com . They are brill, sell everything you can think of and you'll usually get the parcel in about a week to 10 days.
happy shopping
Terese
Just correcting your link
http://www.britishcornershop.co.uk
Old Dec 4th 2008, 6:06 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

My local Bulk Barn has a selection of british stuff I'd long since forgoten about, Penguin and Club biscuits ($5 for a 6 pack), Sherbert Fountains ($1), those yummy Fries Chocolate Cream bars ($1.60), Yorkies, Cadbury Buttons plus stuff like Batchelors Mushy peas and instant Bisto Curry Sauce.

I got all nostalgic and bought a couple of sherbert fountains for the kids. I'm sure there will be hell to pay.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

LotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to allLotteW is a name known to all

Originally Posted by iaink
My local Bulk Barn has a selection of british stuff I'd long since forgoten about, Penguin and Club biscuits ($5 for a 6 pack), Sherbert Fountains ($1), those yummy Fries Chocolate Cream bars ($1.60), Yorkies, Cadbury Buttons plus stuff like Batchelors Mushy peas and instant Bisto Curry Sauce.

I got all nostalgic and bought a couple of sherbert fountains for the kids. I'm sure there will be hell to pay.
You can get Penguins at Superstore too. My kids now expect them everytime we go shopping
Old Dec 4th 2008, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Settlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really nice

I hope this won't offend you cause it's Scottish:

http://clarksonscottish.foodpages.ca/

it's a backery. We buy Italian bread and never visited that one.
Old Dec 7th 2008, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

NikkiB has a brilliant futureNikkiB has a brilliant futureNikkiB has a brilliant futureNikkiB has a brilliant futureNikkiB has a brilliant futureNikkiB has a brilliant future

We have a couple in Victoria if you want anything posted over

Expensive but they have ALL the stuff you just have to have. Branston Pickle, Bisto Gravy, Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup etc
Old Dec 7th 2008, 8:38 pm
Sempai

retsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to all

Hi Guys,

Cheers,

P
Out of curiosity (because I am not a native of the UK) what would you consider to be "British" food?
Old Dec 7th 2008, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

mr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud ofmr.mac has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by retsujou
Out of curiosity (because I am not a native of the UK) what would you consider to be "British" food?
JAFFA CAKES!
Old Dec 7th 2008, 10:16 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mr.mac
JAFFA CAKES!
Available at London Drugs if you're coming to western Canada.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 1:05 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

If you want baked beans in Canada that taste like Heinz UK version then try Clark's beans in tomato sauce which are sold at Sobeys for around 99c per can

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.