Homesick

Old Oct 26th 2004, 3:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Homesick

Originally Posted by Voyager970
Willmore I sort of guessed that you had misspelled the word SCRAPE

Only taking the mick, but I know you are up for a good laugh

Ps You had better get your grammar right in future missy !!!!! ( Headmasters strict voice now )

Cheers Eddie
Have a on me and maybe your spelling will be right next time. I usually have the wee man jumping all over me, so I know what you mean.
Yea.(hehehe)...your message was very cute....you have a great sense of humour.....but you would really and truly think that someone with 2 degrees would know how to spell by now wouldn't you?....I have 2 kids a boy and a girl so one or the other is usually jumping around here........

I'm very use to headmasters strict voices......had the nuns teaching me for 13 years.....

It's so friggy cold in Victoria - we're in the middle of a wind warning and rain storm....so cup of tea is in order (and I'm not a tea drinker).....how's the weather in Scotland......?
Old Oct 26th 2004, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

Higgy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by willmore
Yea.(hehehe)...your message was very cute....you have a great sense of humour.....but you would really and truly think that someone with 2 degrees would know how to spell by now wouldn't you?....I have 2 kids a boy and a girl so one or the other is usually jumping around here........

I'm very use to headmasters strict voices......had the nuns teaching me for 13 years.....

It's so friggy cold in Victoria - we're in the middle of a wind warning and rain storm....so cup of tea is in order (and I'm not a tea drinker).....how's the weather in Scotland......?

The weather in Scotland is really wet at the moment. At least it is in the central belt. Loads of flooding on the roads too. One of the reasons i want to move I think i would have depression just now if i hadnt gone on holiday for some sunshine this year. Seems like the weather here is getting milder but wetter. I remember when i was young we had nice hot summers and even got real snow in the winter, not the one day drop that we seem to get now that brings the country to a standstill and is gone the next day.

One bonus to the rain though...you dont have to water your plants very often
Old Oct 26th 2004, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Higgy
The weather in Scotland is really wet at the moment. At least it is in the central belt. Loads of flooding on the roads too. One of the reasons i want to move I think i would have depression just now if i hadnt gone on holiday for some sunshine this year. Seems like the weather here is getting milder but wetter. I remember when i was young we had nice hot summers and even got real snow in the winter, not the one day drop that we seem to get now that brings the country to a standstill and is gone the next day.

One bonus to the rain though...you dont have to water your plants very often
We were in the Scottish Borders area about a week ago and agree that it had a lot of rain! The Tweed looked like it was starting to spill its banks and the Teviot was expected to do so around Jedburgh. It was pouring in Glasgow yesterday morning - seemed appropriate to experience more "liquid sunshine" as we were leaving. Rain or not... we had a great time back in Scotland.

Oggy
Old Oct 26th 2004, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Higgy is on a distinguished road

Was looking at the Kelowna website and saw it had an annual rainfall of 11 inches. I burst out laughing. I have sat a bucket out the back door and its been filled with rainwater in less than a week. I think people dont believe you when you say it rains for like a week solid. Cant wait till i can say "i think we will have a bbq this weekend" and not worry about getting rained off.

I sound like a bit of a moaner here I do have a lot of friends here and have a lot of good times but my skins starting to leak so i need a move

A
Old Oct 26th 2004, 7:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Higgy
Was looking at the Kelowna website and saw it had an annual rainfall of 11 inches. I burst out laughing. I have sat a bucket out the back door and its been filled with rainwater in less than a week. I think people dont believe you when you say it rains for like a week solid. Cant wait till i can say "i think we will have a bbq this weekend" and not worry about getting rained off.

I sound like a bit of a moaner here I do have a lot of friends here and have a lot of good times but my skins starting to leak so i need a move

A
hehehe - I certainly understand about skin starting to leak.......although Victoria isn't as bad as Scotland.......after a while - a person can really use a break from the rain........rain......and more rain.....we were suppose to have a wind/rain storm yesterday and certainly had terrible winds....but the rain has held off so far........
Old Oct 26th 2004, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

leewgrant is an unknown quantity at this point

I meet frequently with a woman from Scarborough, Yorks. Always in the fall or spring. She is always complaining about damp summers and wet winters. I invited her to my place in mid-Feb -- snow up to your armpits and a nice breezy -25C!

lwg
Old Oct 26th 2004, 11:04 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Willmore, you had better keep the conversation clean as kids do use the forum now and again, MMMMMMMMM nothing like a headmistress to keep you on your toes, very strict and dominant. Now Now Eddie watch yourself !!!!

Anyway I was in Kwick Fit today ( A drive in car centre who fix punctures and replace the tyres on your car etc !! ) Higgy you maybe know where it is, Down at the big Safeway in Riccarton. I had wee Edd with me as I was getting my front wheels balanced, AGAIN due to our shitty roads. Did the heavens not open up, It bloody poured down.

I hate this shitty weather, the old bones are giving me jipp !!!! ( think that how you spell it ) and I am not that old,
Yes I hear you all laughing, AULD SCOTTISH GIT !!!!
Anyway the weather here is bloody miserable. The kids were off school for the October weeks break last week, spent a fortune amusing them, at the pictures, swimming , indoor play parks, WHY you might ask, because the weather was CRAP !!!!!. They were driving me insane as they could not get out to play, on their bikes, scooters, roller blades, not a day was spent outside. Now is that not miserable, poor kids !!!!

Poor kids what about the poor DAD !!!!!! Yes I hear you all laughing again. Stuff the auld dad !!!!!!!

Anyway I am back at work ( yesterday ) for a good well earned rest

Eddie from a very damp, miserable and getting colder by the day Kilmarnock not to far away from Glasgow.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 11:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE

Gee you sound just like those nuns.......hehehe......but I'm completely lost ....what part of my message wasn't clean?.......

Sorry to hear about your terrible weather....sound to me like we have another promising McGrouch in our midst, is everyone from Scotland that grouchy or only the chosen few?..... On our last trip to the UK, we spent most of our time in Ireland, but also Scotland and Wales - and to be honest can't remember being so cold.....felt like it was right in your soul some days.......But the good point is that you will certainly be prepared when you move to Vancouver permanently.....they get more rain than the Island....hehehe

In actual fact, although rain and wind and totally miserable weather was predicted for us.....we had a beautiful afternoon......took the kids to the beach for lunch and spent a couple of hours there, cleaned out the bird feeder and water and gave them fresh water, and alas.....had to cut back the rest of my raspberry plants.....

Last edited by willmore; Oct 26th 2004 at 11:46 pm.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 6:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

....sound to me like we have another promising McGrouch in our midst, is everyone from Scotland that grouchy or only the chosen few?.....
Must be blamed on the weather. If you grew up with nothing but rain and cold, wouldn't you get grumpy?
Old Oct 27th 2004, 7:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Toontje
Must be blamed on the weather. If you grew up with nothing but rain and cold, wouldn't you get grumpy?
I did grow up with rain, cold and snow.......and I'm not grumphy.....although my husband may have a different oipinion on that.......
Old Oct 28th 2004, 5:02 pm
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Celine Dion ....
I had to laugh!
Old Oct 28th 2004, 5:13 pm
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light

is everyone from Scotland that grouchy or only the chosen few?
It's their national sport
Old Oct 28th 2004, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by SirTainly
It's their national sport
hehehe - well, that explains everything
Old Oct 28th 2004, 11:58 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

hehehe - well, that explains everything

BAH HUMBUG !!!!!!!
Old Oct 29th 2004, 12:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Voyager970
BAH HUMBUG !!!!!!!
Well, I see that McGrouch is going to have some competition for the title of McGrouch of the year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.