Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Home contents insurance recommendations - Ottawa/Gatineau?

Home contents insurance recommendations - Ottawa/Gatineau?

Old Aug 20th 2011, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

Location: In the wilds of Chelsea, Québec but only 15 mins from Ottawa...
Tango Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Home contents insurance recommendations - Ottawa/Gatineau?

Hi there
More boring questions from me....
Can anyone recommend home contents insurers? We've had a local suggestion of Meloche Monnex & The Co-operators...we are renting so buildings is covered. We will also be purchasing a car towards the end of the month & I believe you can hook that in?
Many thanks
Old Aug 20th 2011, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

rich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to all
Default Re: Home contents insurance recommendations - Ottawa/Gatineau?

We use co-operators for home insurance and TD for auto, they took our UK no claims into account.
Old Aug 20th 2011, 7:12 pm
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Home contents insurance recommendations - Ottawa/Gatineau?

I would recommend having both car and contents insurance with the same company as you will probably get a discount on your car insurance.

We intially went with State Farm and switched to TD after 6 months. TD gave an 8% discount on car insurance when I transfered the house insurance. Do shop around if you can, for our car State farm wanted $2800, TD did it for $1800 before the 8% discount.