Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Holidays and Hunting

Holidays and Hunting

Old Aug 24th 2007, 6:35 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holidays and Hunting

Fol-de-roll
Old Aug 24th 2007, 6:36 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boulder
I am sorry that you don't understand. If you leave land without protection, you will have animals come onto you land. As far as they are concerned it is their land. If you want to keep animals out, you use protection that would keep them out. It is not the animals fault as after all, it was their land long before we came along. Intelligent systems means common sense.

What would be the common sense mechanism used to keep the raccoons out of cities?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Boulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
but you don't appear to have asked a question, except for the one asking Iaink to tell you where you had mentioned near misses from bears, which he answered. What is your question, exactly?
My question was 'where did I write I had near misses with bears' I never said that (although I have been up close and personal with bears)
Old Aug 24th 2007, 6:37 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I am sorry that you don't understand. If you leave land without protection, you will have animals come onto you land. As far as they are concerned it is their land. If you want to keep animals out, you use protection that would keep them out. It is not the animals fault as after all, it was their land long before we came along. Intelligent systems means common sense.
Good God, you have no clue do you. Common sense is a man with a gun shooting the unwanted animals. THey dont tend to care too much about fences or "keep out" signs.

And you say you live in the country? Im guessing you aint no farmer. and have never spoken to one either.

Last edited by iaink; Aug 24th 2007 at 6:40 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 6:38 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

My question was 'where did I write I had near misses with bears' I never said that (although I have been up close and personal with bears)
I already replied to that.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Boulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dbd33
What would be the common sense mechanism used to keep the raccoons out of cities?
If you choose to live in a place that has racoons in a city, you either learn to live with them or move.

I am talking about farmers and land.
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

As far as they are concerned it is their land.
hahahaha.

Anthropomoprhism is one thing, but to credit animals with a sense of property ownership is taking things a bit too far, isn't it?
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iaink
I already replied to that.

I know!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
hahahaha.

Anthropomoprhism is one thing, but to credit animals with a sense of property ownership is taking things a bit too far, isn't it?
You need to see the big picture. Did you think that man were the first animal?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 6:41 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

If you choose to live in a place that has racoons in a city, you either learn to live with them or move.

I am talking about farmers and land.
OK then. What sort of barrier keeps goundhogs out of fields?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 6:42 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

I know!
So where are you, and what makes you think there is no need to control canadian animal populations in some cases?
Assimilated Pauper

I, of course, killed as many as I could as fast as I could. I did that because there is no effective barrier.
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by dbd33
OK then. What sort of barrier keeps goundhogs out of fields?
A 12 gauge one!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 6:44 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by iaink
A 12 gauge one!
That's the method currently used but I'm sure once we hear about the intelligent barriers we'll all switch to using them.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 6:44 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

You need to see the big picture. Did you think that man were the first animal?
The first animal with guns certainly..............

I'm confused by your posts so I looked into your history. I thought you were moving to the US? http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...37#post1502437 post 4 refers. Do you think they are less into hunting and racoon control down there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.