Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Holidays and Hunting

Holidays and Hunting

Old Aug 25th 2007, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Holidays and Hunting

You need to ask your neighbour if he is an intelligent farmer .... that should go down well ... or offer him some tin foil ?
Old Aug 25th 2007, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
You need to ask your neighbour if he is an intelligent farmer .... that should go down well ... or offer him some tin foil ?
i think tin foil is the way to go, and I expect you will al be wearing the hats this afternoon. Look forwards to the blog photos
Old Aug 25th 2007, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

Longo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Howard1944
I routinely shoot skunks, squirrels, racoons, similar, they are vermin, they do a lot of damage and are general nuisance.

I have hunted Black Bear, I do hunt wild turkies, Deer, Moose,and of course Ducks and Geese.

We have to purchase licenses for most of what we hunt, we eat the meat, we are not there for the experience.

Hunting is totally necessary to control the population, in this area many accidents happen due to cars running into an animal that strays on to the highway.

I also fish a lot, Salmon, Bass, trout.

Meat in a Supermarket is full of chemicals designed to slow the rotting of the meat or improve its' colour.

Personally, I have no use for trophy hunters, generally rich Foreigners.

I met an American years ago who hunted Grizzlies with a knife and a Bow, I thought he was nuts.
Just move to Vancouver. Tons of jobs, amazing scenery, very safe for a city of its size and I never met anyone yet who hunts. Most people here are very much for animal rights. In fact the only guns Ive seen are the ones worn by the cops.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 2:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Longo
Just move to Vancouver. Tons of jobs, amazing scenery, very safe for a city of its size and I never met anyone yet who hunts. Most people here are very much for animal rights. In fact the only guns Ive seen are the ones worn by the cops.
Excellent idea for a first post.

Telling Howard1944 what to do...
Old Aug 26th 2007, 3:48 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

He (dbd's neighbour) turns out to be indeed an intelligent farmer. All of the other neighbours were equally grounded and very pleasant with it.

One of them was wearing a Stetson, but nary a foil headpiece in view.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 5:01 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Novocastrian

One of them was wearing a Stetson, but nary a foil headpiece in view.
Bet you didn't lift the stetson though, did you?
Old Aug 26th 2007, 2:33 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Bet you didn't lift the stetson though, did you?
The gentleman in question did so upon greeting the lady wife.

Utterly foil-less.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 3:52 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I dared not say anything to him after I had commited the terrible faux pas of offering him a corn chip. He's a potato farmer.