Wikiposts

Hiya

Old Dec 30th 2007, 8:50 am
Just Joined

Bluebird101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Hiya

Hello Everyone,

Just found this site after googling some immigration information.

I am heading over to Canada next year for my best friends wedding (there canadian) and i have decided that i need to seriously consider my future.

I have always wanted to live in Canada but the more i look in to the immigration process the more disheartened i get.

Im 24, Single, and just in a basic Team Leader Administration Job so know that i couldnt go down the skilled workers route. I have friends but no family in canada so couldnt get sponsored either. And although in the future i have plans to start my own business thats just a distant dream so couldnt go that route either.

Can anyone offer me any advice because at this rate i think i will be stuck in the UK forever
Old Dec 30th 2007, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hiya

Try to get a one-year BUNAC 'working holiday' visa, which is available to people under 30 or so. Then if you're lucky you might be able to find a job which could get a work permit to stay longer after that expires, or a PR visa if you can get an appropriate job offer.

Either way, working in Canada for a year should give you a bunch of extra points for a PR application.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

MarkG's advice is very good.

Welcome to the board.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, check out the Provincial Nominee Programs too. They typically have a completely different criteria to the Federal skilled worker program, so you might qualify there even if you don't qualify under the Federal program.

However, in most cases you will need a job offer.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 3:40 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluebird101
Hello Everyone,

I am heading over to Canada next year for my best friends wedding (there canadian) and i have decided that i need to seriously consider my future.

I have always wanted to live in Canada but the more i look in to the immigration process the more disheartened i get.

Im 24, Single, and just in a basic Team Leader Administration Job so know that i couldnt go down the skilled workers route. I have friends but no family in canada so couldnt get sponsored either. And although in the future i have plans to start my own business thats just a distant dream so couldnt go that route either.

Can anyone offer me any advice because at this rate i think i will be stuck in the UK forever
Welcome to BE, you're not from Cardiff by any chance
Old Dec 31st 2007, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluebird101
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to BE you will find lots of help on here.

cheers sue
Old Jan 1st 2008, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of

Nova Scotia Nominee Program has a Community Identified Stream but you would probably need to buy a property here to show commitment to staying in the Province.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

Bluebird101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ontheboatout
Nova Scotia Nominee Program has a Community Identified Stream but you would probably need to buy a property here to show commitment to staying in the Province.
thanks everyone.

Im looking to move to Alberta if anywhere as thats where my friends are from.

And no im not from Cardiff