HiFX

Old May 11th 2009, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

Tracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud ofTracie107 has much to be proud of
Default Re: HiFX

We used HiFX to transfer all our funds here on several occassions.

Absolutely no problem at all and would certainly use them again.
Old May 11th 2009, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

nichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud ofnichburton has much to be proud of

Used HiFX several times over the last 12 months to transfer funds in both directions, it always worked well. If you originally set up an account from the UK to do UK>CAD transfers then you may well have to re-send your proof of ID again when sending from CAD>UK. The CAD/US account was separate from the UK account.

Having said that, I was also notified about the Currency Online change. Reading their website, it looks like HiFX bought out Currency Online, who are actually based in New Zealand. I've logged into the new system and arranged a new transfer ok last week, I'm expecting the funds to be in my UK account later this week so I'll be shouting loud and clear if they're not there!

I checked Currency Online vs RBC, I saved about $150 on my particular transfer (taking all fees into account). However, as Currency Online are based in NZ you have to pay about $45 for the wire transfer - HiFX used to keep a Canadian office so the fee was only $20. Hopefully this might change in future.

Nick.
Old May 12th 2009, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

paolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to behold

i have been looking into HiFx, to the extent that i have read, re-read and then translating into 'real english' their Ts&Cs....

(hell, what else is there to do whilst the £ languishes around the $1.73 mark!!?)

.... but from reading their Ts&Cs however, i am terrified!

is it safe to say that the condition of the trade, which presumes that i incur all the risks and they can pretty much up sticks and leave as they see fit without prior warning or subsequent notice, is standard across all firms doing currency exchange?
Old May 12th 2009, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

hitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nice

Originally Posted by paolosmythe View Post
i have been looking into HiFx, to the extent that i have read, re-read and then translating into 'real english' their Ts&Cs....

(hell, what else is there to do whilst the £ languishes around the $1.73 mark!!?)

.... but from reading their Ts&Cs however, i am terrified!

is it safe to say that the condition of the trade, which presumes that i incur all the risks and they can pretty much up sticks and leave as they see fit without prior warning or subsequent notice, is standard across all firms doing currency exchange?
as with any company/bank that has t+c's, if you read them you will be scared out of your wits... really cant understand all the fuss people make about the big brokers, not slating them, all good companies, but due to their size surely they take their advertising costs from us the petty consumer...i know that anytime I have to transfer funds i get quoted better by my broker...
Old May 12th 2009, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

paolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to behold

'...your broker...'? would they work for a major corporation or do you need to simply trust an independent operator?

do the large companies not offset their marketing expenses and still offer decent rates due to the vast sums of money which they move every day?
(not to mention the issue of myriad 'margin calls' to ensure their arses remain covered?)
Old May 12th 2009, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

hitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nicehitchw is just really nice

Originally Posted by paolosmythe View Post
'...your broker...'? would they work for a major corporation or do you need to simply trust an independent operator?

do the large companies not offset their marketing expenses and still offer decent rates due to the vast sums of money which they move every day?
(not to mention the issue of myriad 'margin calls' to ensure their arses remain covered?)
they are an independent corporation and i have trusted them completely for every investment i have made and have never had a problem...with regards to bigger companies making up their marketing costs due to their turnover, i dont see how that explains the fact that if i call one of the big ones, they will quote me and are always far wider than the broker i use (rationalfx)...
i think margin calls are unfortunately a neccessity for any company that does forward buying, as you say, they all have to cover their arses!
Old May 12th 2009, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Alanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant future

I transferred money on monday using their 'epayments' service and it was in my canadian account same day, no fees or anything. great service..
Old May 15th 2009, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Windsor2 will become famous soon enoughWindsor2 will become famous soon enough
Post Re: HiFX / currencyonline.com

Hi All,

Just to clarify the situation re: currencyonline.com.

Rest assured HiFX has not suddenly changed its name to Currencyonline.com!

In fact, we recently acquired a company called Elldridge Lynch & Associates. EL is New Zealand’s oldest foreign exchange company and a leading provider of online foreign exchange services. This strategic acquisition underlines our commitment to providing even better exchange rates via an online service and we believe will be a significant step in growing our footprint in the North American and Far East markets. In addition, as part of the acquisition we have rebranded the company to currencyonline.com

The rebranding has been heavily influenced by feedback from clients in North America where despite the strong demand for our online services, there was confusion around the Elldridge Lynch & Associates brand name.

This is an exciting stage in the company’s development and I’d like to take the opportunity to thank Britishexpat users for their continued support.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to drop me a PM or email.

Kind regards

Mark Bodega
Director – HIFX
[email protected]
Old May 16th 2009, 1:59 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HiFX / currencyonline.com

Originally Posted by Windsor2 View Post
<snip>
In the meantime, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to drop me a PM or email.

Kind regards

Mark Bodega
Director – HIFX
[email protected]
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the explanation. I tried to do another regular transfer CAD to GBP like I've done numerous times in the past, and the person who answered the HiFX phone told me that HiFX no longer provided this service and gave me the number for Currency Online. So I called them and spoke to a nice Kiwi lady who checked and found out that my Client details hadn't been received yet from HiFX, but give her 24hrs and she'd sort it out.

24hrs later, rang Currency Online back, tried to to CAD-GBP transfer... but Currency Online don't have CAD account set up yet... should be about 3 weeks.

You provide a good service, Mark, and one I'd be happy to continue using - but it's not exactly a seamless transition, is it?!
Old May 19th 2009, 1:54 am
Just Joined

Auckland1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HiFX / currencyonline.com

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty View Post
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the explanation. I tried to do another regular transfer CAD to GBP like I've done numerous times in the past, and the person who answered the HiFX phone told me that HiFX no longer provided this service and gave me the number for Currency Online. So I called them and spoke to a nice Kiwi lady who checked and found out that my Client details hadn't been received yet from HiFX, but give her 24hrs and she'd sort it out.

24hrs later, rang Currency Online back, tried to to CAD-GBP transfer... but Currency Online don't have CAD account set up yet... should be about 3 weeks.

You provide a good service, Mark, and one I'd be happy to continue using - but it's not exactly a seamless transition, is it?!
Good afternoon Jingsmichty,

I have sent you a PM so we can resolve this issue asap.

Regards,
Helen Lloyd
HiFX - New Zealand