British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Hi There From A Ginger Uker (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/hi-there-ginger-uker-548228/)

GingerDom Jul 10th 2008 9:38 pm

Hi There From A Ginger Uker

Hi there Everyone and may I say, what a super site you have going on here.

Ok a little about me.

I am a recently turned 33 year old guy living in Milton Keynes in the UK. I have recently met a wonderful lady whom lives in Edmonton, Alberta. Now my plan is to ultimately emmigrate to Canada, as, and even before I met this Lady, I have always had a fascination with your great Country. The clean living, the scenery, the people and the opportunities that Canada offers.

So with this in mind, I have subscribed to this Forum in the hope to meet and greet fellow UK people whom have a similar desire to move.

I am a Postman (Mailman) by trade and have been for the past 7 years or so, but, unless I am very much mistaken, this does not count as an elidgible trade to bring to the Country.

Basically I am researching on all the possible ways that I could try to grant me access to emmigrate. Having read previous posts, the general idea is to look around the site.

So, as it is a large Forum, any pointers on where to start would be greatly appreciated.

Furthermore, I have had a long desire to become part of the Police Service, would I have to apply here in the UK, do my 2 years basic training, and then try to request a transfer of sorts, or is it possible to apply direct to the Canadian Police Department and do my training/application there, under the "sponsorship" rulings???

Forgive my naivety, but I am all too new to this kind of thing, so any guidance would be a Godsend??

Many thanks for taking the time to read my introductory post, and I hope to meet and greet many as time goes on.

Dom

The4BellsLondon Jul 10th 2008 10:05 pm

Re: Hi There From A Ginger Uker

Hello GInger - welcome to the mad mad world of BE :) :lol:

GingerDom Jul 10th 2008 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon (Post 6558425)
Hello GInger - welcome to the mad mad world of BE :) :lol:

Thank you........err.........4 Bells...........glad to be here.

So are you thinking of jumping across The Big Pond?

The4BellsLondon Jul 10th 2008 10:08 pm

Yup , we a re in South London at present - me Oh and kids, hope to be in Vancouver by New year.

The Pass inn Pass out thread is a general bar for canadian BE's and candadian hopefuls :) come bye and say HI :)

GingerDom Jul 10th 2008 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon (Post 6558438)
Yup , we a re in South London at present - me Oh and kids, hope to be in Vancouver by New year.

The Pass inn Pass out thread is a general bar for canadian BE's and candadian hopefuls :) come bye and say HI :)

I will do just that............so will you be behind or in front of the Bar?? :D

The4BellsLondon Jul 10th 2008 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by GingerDom (Post 6558459)
I will do just that............so will you be behind or in front of the Bar?? :D

at the end!!!;)

GingerDom Jul 10th 2008 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon (Post 6558464)
at the end!!!;)

Would that be the end where the Bar piano is??......;)

So why Canada - why Vancouver??

The4BellsLondon Jul 10th 2008 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by GingerDom (Post 6558488)
Would that be the end where the Bar piano is??......;)

So why Canada - why Vancouver??

Ex landlady - stand at end and look lovely - get the menials to do the work!! ;)

Canada = just sooooo much nicer than the uk - particulalry for kids - and I love winter sports

Vancouver - thats where Oh has been offered a job

:)

The4BellsLondon Jul 10th 2008 10:26 pm

And now I must depart - need sleep and have to get sprogs to school vaguly ish in time in the morning

FLirty Knickers will look after you in the Pass Inn bar :)

catch up soon :)

FlirtyKnickers Jul 10th 2008 10:38 pm

Hello love.....Welcome to BE....:thumbsup:

Judy in Calgary Jul 10th 2008 11:33 pm

Hello, Dom, and welcome to the BE forum.

I suggest you read the Wiki section of this website.

You won't be able to get into any of the police forces in Canada. Well, perhaps I should re-word that. If you had permanent resident status and applied to one of the police forces, they might accept you as a trainee. But you wouldn't be able to use that as a way of getting into Canada. There's a Wiki article about a Police Career in Canada.

I don't know what sort of relationship you have with your woman friend in Edmonton. If you and she are ready for marriage, she would be able to sponsor your permanent residence application through a spousal sponsorship.

Hope that helps.
x

GingerDom Jul 11th 2008 10:11 am

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon (Post 6558509)
And now I must depart - need sleep and have to get sprogs to school vaguly ish in time in the morning

FLirty Knickers will look after you in the Pass Inn bar :)

catch up soon :)

I hope you slept well Bells..........get the kids off to school ok?

GingerDom Jul 11th 2008 10:12 am

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers (Post 6558545)
Hello love.....Welcome to BE....:thumbsup:

Thank you Flirty...........:heart:

So what is your situation with regards Canada - are you moving to, or living in Canada?

GingerDom Jul 11th 2008 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary (Post 6558658)
Hello, Dom, and welcome to the BE forum.

I suggest you read the Wiki section of this website.

You won't be able to get into any of the police forces in Canada. Well, perhaps I should re-word that. If you had permanent resident status and applied to one of the police forces, they might accept you as a trainee. But you wouldn't be able to use that as a way of getting into Canada. There's a Wiki article about a Police Career in Canada.

I don't know what sort of relationship you have with your woman friend in Edmonton. If you and she are ready for marriage, she would be able to sponsor your permanent residence application through a spousal sponsorship.

Hope that helps.
x

Thank you so much Judy.

I have read the Wiki section with interest.

I will also take a look at the Spousal Sponsorship section.

The4BellsLondon Jul 11th 2008 10:28 am

Originally Posted by GingerDom (Post 6559764)
I hope you slept well Bells..........get the kids off to school ok?

yes managed to drag youngest by his ears!!

been to drs - have to go to hosp to get my manky ankle xrayed!!

went over on it 2 half weeks ago whilst teaching - still reallllllly painful !!