Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hi There From A Ginger Uker

Hi There From A Ginger Uker

Old Jul 13th 2008, 8:11 pm
It's cos I'm Ginger isn't

GingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to all
Default Re: Hi There From A Ginger Uker

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Him,
VERY gently He was not happy, we bought him some 'snowboots' after that!
Awwww cute.....what kind of dog was he?
Old Jul 13th 2008, 8:15 pm

GingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to all

Originally Posted by loza789
Hello Ginger,

My boyfriend and i have decided to try and find eployment so we can go on a twp and apply for pr when we get there. We are going on a recce in september and hopefully we'll know more by the end of our trip.

Have you made headway with how you are going to apply?

Loz

Well I am hoping to get a career break in April of next year, and, like yourself, hoping to got on a recee to Edmonton, for about a year.

I'm not too sure how I apply for say like a 12 month "holiday" visa???

Can I work on a holiday visa, say for cash in hand??
Old Jul 13th 2008, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

loza789 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by GingerDom
Well I am hoping to get a career break in April of next year, and, like yourself, hoping to got on a recee to Edmonton, for about a year.

I'm not too sure how I apply for say like a 12 month "holiday" visa???

Can I work on a holiday visa, say for cash in hand??
A holiday visa is 6 months and i suppose if you were risky you could work whilst on one and look for perminant work, but i wouldn't recomend it. Work isn't that hard to find depending in where you want to go, so getting a job and applying is safer and easier

Loz
Old Jul 13th 2008, 8:27 pm

A holiday visa is 6 months and i suppose if you were risky you could work whilst on one and look for perminant work, but i wouldn't recomend it. Work isn't that hard to find depending in where you want to go, so getting a job and applying is safer and easier

Loz

So could I apply to companies, say couriering companies to sponsor my stay??
Old Jul 13th 2008, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

loza789 is on a distinguished road

So could I apply to companies, say couriering companies to sponsor my stay??

If you look around there are alot of Companies that will help with finding you iternships that could be good for the short term and i am sure with a little investigation you'll find a job. i woud start by looking at monster, workopolis etc.. to see what's out there. good luck
Old Jul 14th 2008, 6:12 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Awwww cute.....what kind of dog was he?
Tibetan Terrier and he doesnt chase mail men
Old Jul 14th 2008, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Glassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
Hello Glassy, are you another newbie then....

Hi FK,

Nahh, I've been around for a while. We're about a year into our SW PR Application... Roll on the next 3 years

Glassy
Old Jul 14th 2008, 5:21 pm

If you look around there are alot of Companies that will help with finding you iternships that could be good for the short term and i am sure with a little investigation you'll find a job. i woud start by looking at monster, workopolis etc.. to see what's out there. good luck

Thanks for the advice Ioza..........I really appreciate that.........
Old Jul 14th 2008, 6:05 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glassy
Hi FK,

Nahh, I've been around for a while. We're about a year into our SW PR Application... Roll on the next 3 years

Glassy
So nice to meet you Glassy......you'll enjoy BE....and the fruit loops on it
Old Jul 14th 2008, 7:26 pm

So nice to meet you Glassy......you'll enjoy BE....and the fruit loops on it

Of which I am definitely one.....

Apparently I talk a lot???....
Old Jul 14th 2008, 7:29 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Of which I am definitely one.....

Apparently I talk a lot???....
Really....we hadn't notice....

just kiddin.....we all talk to much,
Old Jul 14th 2008, 7:46 pm

Really....we hadn't notice....

just kiddin.....we all talk to much,

Now what did Bob Hoskins used to say in the B.T. Ads???

Old Jul 14th 2008, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Glassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the rough

Hey Guys.....

Newport way huh?...great.

If I am brutally honest, I am hoping to go as soon as possible.

I am a Postie by trade, and looking to take a career break and spend it over in Edmonton, Alberta. I have heard there are Bike Courier jobs I could do to support myself.

What about you Guys?
I work in Telecoms and Deb in accountancy. We went over to Toronto about 4 years ago and just got hooked on Canada. We've not been back long from our Western Canada tour, which took in various places except Edmonton. Would love to have gone there but my lack of funds and time of work kinda meant we had to give it a miss. We'd love to get out of the UK (especially Milton Keynes) asap.... I've been here a while, so I've done my time

Glassy
Old Jul 14th 2008, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by Glassy
I work in Telecoms and Deb in accountancy. We went over to Toronto about 4 years ago and just got hooked on Canada. We've not been back long from our Western Canada tour, which took in various places except Edmonton. Would love to have gone there but my lack of funds and time of work kinda meant we had to give it a miss. We'd love to get out of the UK (especially Milton Keynes) asap.... I've been here a while, so I've done my time

Glassy

Isn't it funny how we share the same attitude in wanting out of MK??

How did you end up here?

So will you be heading to Toronto as a place to live?
Old Jul 14th 2008, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Isn't it funny how we share the same attitude in wanting out of MK??

How did you end up here?

So will you be heading to Toronto as a place to live?
Born and bred I'm afraid. The concrete cows and I go way back
Undecided on where we want to live at the moment. We originally thought that we'd end up in either Calgary or Vancouver (like a lot of ex-pats I suppose). But after visiting both we found Calgary wasn't really what we were after and Vancouver to be really pricey. So we're hoping to take a holiday to Nova Scotia and see what that holds. I'm kinda expecting to be totally different from Vancouver...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.