Hi There !

Old Jul 14th 2008, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

leicesterboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi There !

Hi there
I have just registered today after reading this site for weeks and the amount of great topics covered.
I am hopefully moving to Calgary around Christmas time, I have had my 90 day letter on 2nd Jan 08 and my documents were updated and passed to CIC for the 15th March 08 which was successfully done with help of my broker I am using. I am now awaiting my Section A medical form which I have been told I should hopefully have this by September 08 and as long as I pass my medicals 12 weeks later I should have my PR card. Oh but I should say my file was received by CIC in Sept 05 via The Skilled Workers Programme. How frustrating is the wait........... in my frustration I have written to Ed Stelmach - Alberta's Governor & Alberta's employment minister - Hector Goudreau with no joy and they advise that you must wait for CIC, how do you fill in the labour shortages when they won't let skilled workers into the country quick enough. I have a job offer, I am a Panel Beater by trade and my employer has even thought about getting me in via a work visa which has gone through the Labour Market Opinion process through Service Canada in Edmonton, but yes even they are taking 3 months to review your employers application so it looks as if I'm stuck in the UK till Dec08 / Jan 09.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi There !

Welcome to BE leicesterboy.

Sounds like you are well sorted. The wait tries the patience doesn't it but you are so close now that you can start getting all your plans together.

Our blog below gives a little taste of Albertan life as we choose to enjoy it and the WIKI (link at top of page) is a fabulous resource if you haven't already found it.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 1:55 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by leicesterboy
Hi there
I have just registered today after reading this site for weeks and the amount of great topics covered.
I am hopefully moving to Calgary around Christmas time, I have had my 90 day letter on 2nd Jan 08 and my documents were updated and passed to CIC for the 15th March 08 which was successfully done with help of my broker I am using. I am now awaiting my Section A medical form which I have been told I should hopefully have this by September 08 and as long as I pass my medicals 12 weeks later I should have my PR card. Oh but I should say my file was received by CIC in Sept 05 via The Skilled Workers Programme. How frustrating is the wait........... in my frustration I have written to Ed Stelmach - Alberta's Governor & Alberta's employment minister - Hector Goudreau with no joy and they advise that you must wait for CIC, how do you fill in the labour shortages when they won't let skilled workers into the country quick enough. I have a job offer, I am a Panel Beater by trade and my employer has even thought about getting me in via a work visa which has gone through the Labour Market Opinion process through Service Canada in Edmonton, but yes even they are taking 3 months to review your employers application so it looks as if I'm stuck in the UK till Dec08 / Jan 09.
Hope the wait flies by now, best of luck
Terese
Old Jul 15th 2008, 6:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome!

It would certainly be quicker to go via TWP if you were interested? Even assuming it takes 3 months for LMO as you have been told (although recently most on here report shorter wait times, apparently they are doing them much quicker at the mo). So 3 months from now, you could be there in Sept!! So that may well be worth considering, especially if you've got an employer waiting for you.

Best of luck.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 7:11 am

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to BE
Old Jul 15th 2008, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your responses in making me feel welcome to BE.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 6:29 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ya.....Welcome to BE......
Old Jul 18th 2008, 8:34 am
RN1
BE Enthusiast

RN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to allRN1 is a name known to all

Hi, we're going to Calgary too - hope to leave the UK in August - just waiting for the TWP then going via a very much needed holiday in Florida!!
Old Jul 18th 2008, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

Have a great holiday and see you in Calgary. Im sending my docs tomorrow for a work visa so after 6 weeks hopefully I should be there too.