Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hi from Oakville

Hi from Oakville

Old Jul 29th 2008, 4:44 pm
Riddle89

riddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant futureriddle89 has a brilliant future
Default Hi from Oakville

HI
We just landed a week ago and have rented a house in Oakville.

My hubby will hopefully soon be starting work and I will initially stay at home to help settle our two girls - aged 4 and 7, is there anyone out there in similar position that would like to meet up, could do with starting to make some new friends, for myself and the girls (geee I sound like billy-no-mates).

We were really into Scouting back in the UK and will be taking it back up again asap.

thanks
Riddle89
Old Jul 29th 2008, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

giggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nice
Default Re: Hi from Oakville

Originally Posted by riddle89
HI
We just landed a week ago and have rented a house in Oakville.

My hubby will hopefully soon be starting work and I will initially stay at home to help settle our two girls - aged 4 and 7, is there anyone out there in similar position that would like to meet up, could do with starting to make some new friends, for myself and the girls (geee I sound like billy-no-mates).

We were really into Scouting back in the UK and will be taking it back up again asap.

thanks
Riddle89
Hi Riddle,
we moved to Oakville in January with our 3 sons 3, 5 and 7.
Things must be very frantic at the moment getting everything organised with all the form filling etc etc.
We have found Oakville a really great place to live with so many more opportunities for the the kids then they had in the U.K.
I know what its like finding new friends and you do have to throw yourself out there,so if you guys fancy meeting up send me a PM and go from there.
Paul and Maria.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

gary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond reputegary123 has a reputation beyond repute

HI

flying out the 25th August looking at the brampton/ oakville area, if you guys could pass on your rental agencey address, that would be fantastic.

Gary
Old Aug 1st 2008, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

giggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nicegiggimickey is just really nice

Originally Posted by gary123
HI

flying out the 25th August looking at the brampton/ oakville area, if you guys could pass on your rental agencey address, that would be fantastic.

Gary
Hi,
all i did when we rented was ring a couple of real estate people who i picked at random on line and one called Mary Valde at Royal Lapage in Oakville set me up with a place before we came out.She was first class and helped us loads when we found a place to buy.
Paul.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

blimey has a brilliant futureblimey has a brilliant futureblimey has a brilliant futureblimey has a brilliant futureblimey has a brilliant futureblimey has a brilliant future

Hi - when we moved to Toronto we also worked with a terrific agent - Roy Boyce also at Royal LePage if I remember correctly. He's an expat who's been here a long time and knows the city and surroundings scarily well - he nailed what we wanted at a good price and had a few tricks up his sleeve to make things go our way. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend him. If you need more info just pm me.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

tilly1626 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Riddle89

Welcome to Oakville, we will have been here a year on August 14th and it has really gone by quickly.
I was billy-no-mates when we arrived and as my kids are older 13,15 & 16, I didn't get to meet new people via the school gate.
I was lucky to meet one person through volunteering who turned out to live in my street who has introduced me to more people than I can keep track of.
If you you fancy a natter anytime send me a PM,
Dawn
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 12:01 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome riddle
Old Aug 6th 2008, 3:46 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blimey
Hi - when we moved to Toronto we also worked with a terrific agent - Roy Boyce also at Royal LePage if I remember correctly. He's an expat who's been here a long time and knows the city and surroundings scarily well - he nailed what we wanted at a good price and had a few tricks up his sleeve to make things go our way. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend him. If you need more info just pm me.
Roy Boyce posts on this forum, by the way. ZapOne is his name.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 5:10 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Riddle its worth googling the local scoutng association.

My friend went to Van Island a few years agon - the guides were "wallowing" so to speak - she is now Disctrict Commissioner and its all skippy