British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Hi need answers to Landing question .asap (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/hi-need-answers-landing-question-asap-688718/)

gaz77 Oct 8th 2010 8:53 am

Hi need answers to Landing question .asap

hi we are landing in toronto in 2 weeks but only staying for a week then returning to uk with intention of moving next year.i am about what to put on the forms.we will only be taking a bag on this trip. we will ship the rest later.do i have to complete both forms?and how indepth do i have to go regarding items.i have read that some people have made there own forms in a word or an excel doc. i am not that good with computors so that may be difficult for me.does this help if you put it in this formate?and anything else any one can think of to make our landing go smooth would be great.thanks

el_richo Oct 8th 2010 9:26 am

Re: Hi need answers to Landing question .asap

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by gaz77 (Post 8904357)
hi we are landing in toronto in 2 weeks but only staying for a week then returning to uk with intention of moving next year.i am about what to put on the forms.we will only be taking a bag on this trip. we will ship the rest later.do i have to complete both forms?and how indepth do i have to go regarding items.i have read that some people have made there own forms in a word or an excel doc. i am not that good with computors so that may be difficult for me.does this help if you put it in this formate?and anything else any one can think of to make our landing go smooth would be great.thanks

You still need two list.

For us, we stayed for a long weekend and the goods accompanying list was simple. I've attached the simple sheet for reference, and you'll see we didn't go into too much detail, although the items have been made up in this attachment for obvious reasons. We had no issues with this format at all.

We used the same simple format for both lists.

christmasoompa Oct 8th 2010 9:27 am

There is, as usual, an excellent Wiki article about this very subject.............http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_To_Follow

gaz77 Oct 8th 2010 10:42 am

Originally Posted by el_richo (Post 8904423)
You still need two list.

For us, we stayed for a long weekend and the goods accompanying list was simple. I've attached the simple sheet for reference, and you'll see we didn't go into too much detail, although the items have been made up in this attachment for obvious reasons. We had no issues with this format at all.

We used the same simple format for both lists.

thanks i have never used excel before is it easy?sorry househusband never had the need i do my shopping list in my head!

el_richo Oct 8th 2010 11:01 am

Originally Posted by gaz77 (Post 8904593)
thanks i have never used excel before is it easy?sorry househusband never had the need i do my shopping list in my head!

If i can use it, anybody can.

Just click on the attachment in my post and insert your details.

Simples

gaz77 Oct 8th 2010 11:58 am

Originally Posted by el_richo (Post 8904639)
If i can use it, anybody can.

Just click on the attachment in my post and insert your details.

Simples

eek!!

Novocastrian Oct 9th 2010 12:49 am

Originally Posted by gaz77 (Post 8904761)
eek!!

I think he's noticed that el richo has an iPod.

marietuluse Oct 9th 2010 9:11 am

Originally Posted by gaz77 (Post 8904357)

Hi,
We got a removals company (PSS) to come round to give us a free quote a few weeks before we landed, they do the list for you and email it to you, all you have to do then is fill in how much everything is worth in Canadian dollars and total it up ( we forgot to total it up but the really nice man at imigration gave us a calculator and waited while we did this lol) They were not interested in the list that contained items we had on us at the time of landing, just the list of goods to follow. We also eventually chose PSS to move our stuff as they were the cheapest, but also helped us with lots of information ( although they haven't moved us yet, so I won't tempt fate :unsure: ) we move on 31st October.....22 DAYS TIME :ohmy: from Staffordshire UK to Red Deer Alberta! Good Luck with your landing!