Hi -just moved to Whitby Ontario

Wikiposts

Hi -just moved to Whitby Ontario

Old Oct 19th 2007, 9:51 am
Just Joined

ash200 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi -just moved to Whitby Ontario

Hi to All,

I haven't had much time since posting the thread so didn't see the replies until now.

We would like to meet with you all at some point - still getting use to life, basic job hunting for wife and daughter seems to be the most difficult task currently.

Ash

[email protected]
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 4:53 am
Just Joined

The collie flew too is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by raine66
Hello and welcome.

If I'm barking up the right tree here purely based on your email address, (your name is familiar), I actually think we have met before at a certain persons house warming party.
Hi Raine, Not sure if I have met you before or which party you are talking about. Maybe if I knew your name I would know we have met before??????
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 4:44 am
To Infinity and Beyond

Dive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The collie flew too
Hi Raine, Not sure if I have met you before or which party you are talking about. Maybe if I knew your name I would know we have met before??????
Her name is Lorraine and she is my OH
I think I was at the same party, but I dont remember it, which probably means I was drinking
Old Oct 26th 2007, 4:51 pm
Account Closed

sam/stu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ash200
Hi,
We are a family of 4 plus a Yorkie dog, we arrived in Canada in September having obtained our PR (AOR 03 Feb 05) and now reside in Whitby. Like other expats we have had to sort out many of the basic necessities in order to start off our new life in Canada.

Now we have been here a short time I would like to contact other expats in the Durham area

ash200
Just want to add my my 'hi!'...
We are a family of 5 orginally from London UK and are now settled in the Whitby area also. When you are ready and settled, send me a PM and perhaps we can meet up. Met my bestest good friend here in Canada via 'ex-pats' so its worth the effort - honestly (hi Raine!).
Best wishes
Sam :-)
Old Oct 29th 2007, 4:39 am
To Infinity and Beyond

Dive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud ofDive06 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sam/stu
Just want to add my my 'hi!'...
We are a family of 5 orginally from London UK and are now settled in the Whitby area also. When you are ready and settled, send me a PM and perhaps we can meet up. Met my bestest good friend here in Canada via 'ex-pats' so its worth the effort - honestly (hi Raine!).
Best wishes
Sam :-)
Fink I'm gonna be sic
Old Oct 29th 2007, 5:12 am
Account Closed

Talking Re: Hi -just moved to Whitby Ontario

Originally Posted by Dive06
Fink I'm gonna be sic
Sod off Matt!!!!
Old Oct 30th 2007, 4:25 am
To Infinity and Beyond

Originally Posted by sam/stu
Sod off Matt!!!!
Oi....temper! temper!

Dont want to upset your bestest pal by having a pop at her OH
Old Oct 30th 2007, 5:15 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dive06
Oi....

Dont want to upset your bestest pal by having a pop at her OH
:
Old Nov 7th 2007, 12:18 pm
Port of Newcastle

sara76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Matt, I can't believe that you have forgotten my house warming. You were drunk & did come dressed as Cher! (what else can I lie about if you can't remember) lol.
I had forgotten all about this web site! Oh & yes raine66 my laptop had a bit of a midlife crisis & is currently not working, so I don't have your email address as it is stored in outlook.
Yep you did meet Sue at mine back in March, along with my inlaws which are now long gone.
We will have to catch up for a drink at some stage although I won't actually be drinking as I am 6 months pregnant. On the bonus side, I am not working so am about in the days now!
Sam winter is approaching, does this mean that your going in to hiding again as I know how you hate the cold.

Sara
Old Nov 7th 2007, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

steelworker is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

I am just about to move to Whitby with my partner (fly out on the 3rd of December)

I will be staying in a hotel for a month but need to look for rented accomodation to moving into in the new year. What is the best way to start looking for a place to rent? Will a month be enough time to find somewhere?

Thanks
Old Nov 8th 2007, 4:34 am
To Infinity and Beyond

Originally Posted by steelworker
Hello

I am just about to move to Whitby with my partner (fly out on the 3rd of December)

I will be staying in a hotel for a month but need to look for rented accomodation to moving into in the new year. What is the best way to start looking for a place to rent? Will a month be enough time to find somewhere?

Thanks
What we did when we moved here last year was to go thru a company called www.caprent.com, if you go thru the website and click the links to Whitby you will see 1 place that is renting out apts. Whether this is what you want or not, I am not so sure.

We first rented in Pickering, but it wasnt the best location we had, but it was reasonable and we only had to give short notice to move. This was all set up prior to us arriving here, ie. All statements of earnings, deposit, etc etc was done from Blighty. I cant say that the relationship was the best because we were not satisfied with the state of the apt that we got to rent and seeing as we have young kids, it was quite important for us to have a clean apt.
Having said that, it helped us greatly and we only stayed there for 3 months.

Other than researching the net, thats what we did and then establishing dialogue with the agency to ask what they need from you. Remember when you first get here, you will have so much to do anyhow, so if you can sort out your digs beforehand then it is one less worry.

Of course you could always stay in a hotel

Hope it helps.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 4:40 am
To Infinity and Beyond

Originally Posted by sara76
Cheers Matt, I can't believe that you have forgotten my house warming. You were drunk & did come dressed as Cher! (what else can I lie about if you can't remember) lol.
I had forgotten all about this web site! Oh & yes raine66 my laptop had a bit of a midlife crisis & is currently not working, so I don't have your email address as it is stored in outlook.
Yep you did meet Sue at mine back in March, along with my inlaws which are now long gone.
We will have to catch up for a drink at some stage although I won't actually be drinking as I am 6 months pregnant. On the bonus side, I am not working so am about in the days now!
Sam winter is approaching, does this mean that your going in to hiding again as I know how you hate the cold.

Sara
Congratulations on the pregnancy Sara, best you be careful negotiating around in the snow when it comes.

And how could I forget about the party, I still have nightmares about that horse sized dog that you own

Sam hates the cold, the 401, my gobbiness hey Sam?
Old Nov 8th 2007, 6:01 am
Port of Newcastle

Look on the bright side, it gets me out of shovelling the snow this year! Only downside is I can't fit my truck in the garage, but at least it is big enough to cover my side of the drive so I don't have that to shovel either.
Other then that, as I am not working, I don't intend to venture out too much & the dog is a wimp when it comes to cold weather so he just nips out the back quickly. Thats of course if Rob doesn't forget he is out there. He did that a couple of times early this year, he was not a happy dog.
Old Nov 8th 2007, 6:40 am
To Infinity and Beyond

Surprised he didnt just charge down the door
Old Nov 8th 2007, 7:04 am
Port of Newcastle

Probably tried, but everytime he ran up the steps he probably slipped over!
You should see the scratches on the back door! lol
When we move out, I tell the landlord it was those damn raccoons!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.