Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hi from Harrogate

Hi from Harrogate

Old Jul 31st 2008, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

stickystickman has a brilliant futurestickystickman has a brilliant futurestickystickman has a brilliant futurestickystickman has a brilliant futurestickystickman has a brilliant futurestickystickman has a brilliant futurestickystickman has a brilliant futurestickystickman has a brilliant future
Default Hi from Harrogate

Hi

I'm James and have been thinking about Canada on and off for a number of years now. I've been lurking on this forum for a little while now but have decided to take the leap and sign up

Well, a little about myself - I got divorced in March so am now seriously looking at a move to Canada as you only live once. I haven't got any suitable skills but am prepared to retrain. I have worked in various driving jobs for the last 6 years or so but would like to train up for the trucks as this is a skill in demand both here and in Canada. Have already done my HGV medical and am waiting for my provisional HGV licence to come back from DVLA.

Be good to hear from anyone else in a similar boat to me, someone already in trucking or anyone with any helpful advice - both good or bad
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

The Randalls will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hi from Harrogate

I'm not in a similar situation really at all - applying for Oz not Canada!!

However, couldn't resist replying as I too am from Harrogate (now in Essex!)
I am sure that you'll find all the help and support that you want on this lovely forum
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

stickystickman has a brilliant futurestickystickman has a brilliant futurestickystickman has a brilliant futurestickystickman has a brilliant futurestickystickman has a brilliant futurestickystickman has a brilliant futurestickystickman has a brilliant futurestickystickman has a brilliant future

Well it's good to hear from you anyway

Harrogate's a cool town but it's changing and not for the better. Good luck with your preparations for OZ.

Old Jul 31st 2008, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Stickystickman

Used to live and still have a house near wetherby.

WElcome and good luck!

HGV driving I believe could get you here relatively quickly.

Gryph
Old Jul 31st 2008, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud ofpinkkristen has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by stickystickman
Hi

I'm James and have been thinking about Canada on and off for a number of years now. I've been lurking on this forum for a little while now but have decided to take the leap and sign up

Well, a little about myself - I got divorced in March so am now seriously looking at a move to Canada as you only live once. I haven't got any suitable skills but am prepared to retrain. I have worked in various driving jobs for the last 6 years or so but would like to train up for the trucks as this is a skill in demand both here and in Canada. Have already done my HGV medical and am waiting for my provisional HGV licence to come back from DVLA.

Be good to hear from anyone else in a similar boat to me, someone already in trucking or anyone with any helpful advice - both good or bad
hi welcome to this site, is a heaven of info! I'm from burley in wharfedale just down the road! I have no idea about driving but wish you the best! Which part of canada do you like the look of?
Old Jul 31st 2008, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

I like the look of it all, but Alberta and the Rockies look great though quite expensive. New Brunswick looks up and coming and isn't too far away from the US so plenty of opportunity to pop over for hols. Saskasomething or other looks ok but might be a tad cold. Actually I'm pretty easy as it all looks great and I could always move.

What about yourself?
Old Jul 31st 2008, 2:25 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sticky,

Welcome to the forum.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sticky,

Can't help you re trucking save for pointing out this link to the Trucking forum, which might be worth a good read...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=118

and this article in the WIKI...

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Truck_Driving_in_Canada

Hope they help you to pick out the best way forward. Good luck. Oh, and welcome to BE too

Eamonn & Janet.