Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hi good to meet you

Wikiposts

Hi good to meet you

Old Sep 25th 2007, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

amardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant future
Default Hi good to meet you

Have just come across this site and was very interested in the threads that I have read. It has been a mine of information and have already taken a few tips regarding electricians trying to gain recognised certification required to work in Canada
Old Sep 26th 2007, 12:53 am
Lloydminster AB

kate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond reputekate white has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi good to meet you

Originally Posted by amardan
Have just come across this site and was very interested in the threads that I have read. It has been a mine of information and have already taken a few tips regarding electricians trying to gain recognised certification required to work in Canada
hi and welcome you will get loads of info on here
Old Sep 26th 2007, 2:47 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello and welcome to BE. It is a great forum
Old Sep 26th 2007, 5:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome.

Rob
Old Sep 26th 2007, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Have you already made some plans ro are you at the 'just thinking' stage? Either way, welcome to BE.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

amardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant futureamardan has a brilliant future

Hi destinationnovascotia

Yes we have applied for our PR but was given timescale of 45 months or more which we found very disappointing. So we have now hired a lawyer with a recruiter to help find work so we can go over on WP. But as my husband is an electrician he needs to have a Red Seal before any employers will consider him so we feel we r in abit of a no win situation

Rachel
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:05 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Rachel

Welcome to BE

My hubby is an industrial electrician, gone through the process of license etc in ontario, if you need any help just say!!

What kind of electrcian is he looking at and where are you heading??

Gill
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Hi Gill

My husband has experience is industrial, domestic and commercial. I understand that the industrial is separated from the domestic is this correct?

Rachel
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:35 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

There is two main area's
Industrial and construction/domestic

What your hubby needs to do is decide which one he can prove 9000hrs in.

He will need letters from employers also to prove this, it is a hard journey to undertake and there is now a few on us on here who are going through it.

We are off to ontario, even though they advised us that hubby didnt need the license, no employer will take you on without it.

We have found some fanastic companys, but some are really unwilling to do the LMO for people, but different areas are different.
If you need test papers for industrial and links to reference books we can help

gill
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Hi Gill

We went to Vancouver and Vancouver Island for a holiday last year and completely fell in love with it but we are prepared to go to Alberta if there is more work opportunity there. We have our AOR number and have been told it could take anything upto 45-48 months to go over on a skilled worker visa. So we are looking to fast track by hopefully finding an employer by using a lawyer firm we have just hired. But employers aren't interested without the Canadian certification. Very frustrating
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

Sorry to sound dumb but what is 9000hrs?

Rachel
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:50 am

Will send you a PM

gill
Old Sep 27th 2007, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kate white
hi and welcome you will get loads of info on here
Thank you I am finding a great help already
Old Sep 27th 2007, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rob4BC
Hello and welcome.

Rob
Hello Rob

Thanks

This is a brill site I have so much information I don't know where to begin not that I am complaining. It's nice to feel that you are not alone on your quest to make your dreams come true.

Rachel