Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hey Guys - What UK foods/snacks/treats do you miss?

Hey Guys - What UK foods/snacks/treats do you miss?

Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:04 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hey Guys - What UK foods/snacks/treats do you miss?

What's wrong with the bacon in Canada? I thought you could get both back (Canadian style) and streaky (US style)?
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:05 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by G77
What's wrong with the bacon in Canada? I thought you could get both back (Canadian style) and streaky (US style)?

Nothing, you can.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:06 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
You can.
Why are people missing bacon then?
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by G77
No clue.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:08 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77
The bacon in Canada is like streaky bacon...no back bacon at all....we'd better stock up before we go...
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:11 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
The bacon in Canada is like streaky bacon...no back bacon at all....we'd better stock up before we go...
I like streaky bacon, so I don't care, but thought you could get back bacon too....
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:11 pm

Not all bacon on Canada is streaky.

You can buy back bacon if you care to look for it.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:16 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Not all bacon on Canada is streaky.

You can buy back bacon if you care to look for it.
well i was planning on filling a case with it but if you going to spill the beans on where i can get, it i wont bother.....and i'll send you some chocolate for your trouble,...are you open to bribery??
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:17 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

well i was planning on filling a case with it but if you going to spill the beans on where i can get, it i wont bother.....and i'll send you some chocolate for your trouble,...are you open to bribery??
Steve....chocolate.... never
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:19 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Originally Posted by G77
Steve....chocolate.... never
What......have i done something wrong....jeez G77, help me please
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:21 pm

Do you want it sliced and pre-packaged or in one piece so you can slice it yourself.

Saw both at Real Canadian Superstore on Thursday.

Although I would say back bacon is readily available in any of the large chain type grocery stores.

I'm always open to bribery although Fruit Gums would be my choice.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:23 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Do you want it sliced and pre-packaged or in one piece so you can slice it yourself.

Saw both at Real Canadian Superstore on Thursday.

Although I would say back bacon is readily available in any of the large chain type grocery stores.

I'm always open to bribery although Fruit Gums would be my choice.
Fruit gums on the way, i took the liberty of adding some Midget gems too...im sure you'll approve when you taste them...
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:25 pm

Fruit gums on the way, i took the liberty of adding some Midget gems too...im sure you'll approve when you taste them...
Why thank you my dear.

I'm going to be really worried if they actually show up.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:26 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Why thank you my dear.

I'm going to be really worried if they actually show up.
oh yeah....im sure you would....but it's the thought that counts..Right!!!
Old Jun 7th 2008, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

purplemoose is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm just so glad I can get my favourite Fry's Turkish Delight in Bulk Barn now, the kids love having Buttons again and the OH gets a Yorkie. I went in around Christmas time and the shop assistant told me the woman before me (also English) spent $120 on English food, so someone had a good Christmas! We miss Monster Munch crisps and my OH misses Chocolate Hob Nobs !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.