Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hepititus B Jab

Hepititus B Jab

Old Jul 20th 2008, 7:17 pm
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hepititus B Jab

I was going to suggest Jungle Spray that you can get from Tesco although I still got bitten, but I got bitten on my tummy and to be fair I didn't spray it there I was the only one in the family that got bitten so I think it definately worked and quite reasonably priced. Good luck with it!
Bella
x
Old Jul 20th 2008, 8:06 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

High DEET contnet and be aware that the buggers can get you through clothing as my legs are testament to this fact.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

they bite through clothing wow what are the best things to were then, bloody armor plateing
Old Jul 20th 2008, 8:48 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno. They got me through two layers in places. I can assure you that some of the places I have bites were definitely not on public display

Ben's colleagues suggest dousing your clothes in repellent as well. They suggest a brand called "Off".
I suspect if you do that you may want to avoid naked flames
Old Jul 20th 2008, 9:34 pm
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I def agree with them being able to get you through your clothes I think they def like the girls though because as I said before i was the only one to get bitten and they really itch like buggerey!! The one on my tummy came up like a blood blister first didn't even look like a bite, but about a day and a half later they started!! I had one on the back of my neck that looked like a sign from the alien ship my children were convinced I was going to be obducted lol. On a happier note we were told that they are only around for about 8 weeks a year, not sure how true this is though, good luck!!
Bella
x
Old Jul 20th 2008, 10:27 pm
Professional Cat herder

Ben got bitten as well , but my clothes must have been thinner than his. He just got hands and a few on his face. I stopped counting when I got to thirty around one ankle alone , let alone the rest of my legs!!

I look particularly fetching at the moment , with mozzie bitten legs , bruises around both knee caps and a massive one across my stomach (nice shade of red/purple/yellow) from where I nearly ended up face down in Lake Ontario!!
Old Jul 20th 2008, 11:10 pm
...in these shoes?

ellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to behold

My daughter is 7 and is having Hep B here. I have been told that they are phasing it out in Grade 7 and the current Grade 3 will be the last year as they are all getting it earlier with the other immunisations. Our older daughters have now had it to catch up but they won't get a BCG here as there is much less TB.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 12:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tallperson
Just to divert a little my 1 year old is having his MMR this week which I am fine with. However they also say he should have chicken pox and meningococcus. My other two didn't have these. I'm going to say no to the chicken pox but not sure about the other, any thoughts?
Chicken Pox is no fun, I got it in my teens and I wish there had been a vaccine for it when I was a kid. The vaccine is better then the disease if you ask me.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jul 21st 2008 at 12:51 am.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 12:55 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Chicken Pox is no fun, I got it in my teens and I wish there had been a vaccine for it when I was a kid. The vaccine is better then the disease if you ask me.
Getting chicken-pox later in life is far more dangerous than if someone were to get it as a young child. Perhaps informed people make decisions for their children based on facts, not pharmaceutical marketing gimmicks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/15/health/15pox.html
Old Jul 21st 2008, 1:00 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dingbat
Getting chicken-pox later in life is far more dangerous than if someone were to get it as a young child. Perhaps informed people make decisions for their children based on facts, not pharmaceutical marketing gimmicks.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/15/health/15pox.html
The true horror of being an adult with chicken pox is that everyone from miles around sends their child to be infected. Bad enough I can't earn, I fear sterility, but I should have to touch other people's children?