British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Help, Wrong Mailing Address on MEDICAL Client ID (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/help-wrong-mailing-address-medical-client-id-104872/)

tarsem May 1st 2001 9:20 pm

I am an Indian Citizen working on H1B visa in US, I sent my Application in Independent Skilled Cat to Buffalo in September2000.
1 I recieved the File no and after few days I recieved MEDICAL FORMS and it was advised that I should not go for Medicala till I recieve Interview Letter.
2 I recieved letter that my file is transfered to New York Office so they will conduct my Interview and my file is no longer with Buffalo office.
3 recieved Interview Letter From NYC and attended my interview and was asked to go for Medicals.

But when I checked my Medical Forms,( Medical Report:Section A Client Idendification & summary)I noticed on it that this form has MY OLD Postal Address because it was sent to me Long back by Buffalo RPC.
But when I recieved My Interview Letter it was on my Current Mailing Address, Even During the interview Visa Officer Asked me Do I stay at the Potal address on which I recieved my Interview letter? I replied yes and I feel that at NYC Canadian Consulate they have my Current Address.

MY spouse Name is NOT correct on Medical Form,Her name is correct but with her name in last her Father name is written,BUT ON HER PASSPORT SHE HAS ONLY HER NAME not fathers name with passport No, Yes she has her fathers name on Passport which is at a place where it should be.
As I have to go for Medical I rang up Designated Medical Officer and told him that I will provide you diffrent ADDRESS than What is written on Medical Forms, So he advised me that I should chek with Canada immigration department, he can not do any thing but If I wish he can conduct Medical Exam and Forward it to OTTAWA.

Then 20 days back I wrote about this Problem of address on Medical Forms to NYC Canadian Consulate, but I have not recieved any Reply from them.

Yesterday I rang up Canadian Conulate New york NYC and Talked to an Immigrant officer, she told me that she does NOT KNOW about my letter in this regard But she advised that The Designated Medical Officer Should correct My Postal Address on Client ID which was sent by Buffalo to me.

I rang up the Medical officer and he told me that HE CAN NOT CHANGE THE Address on Client IDENTIFICATION.

I do not know what to do, should I send a NOTE to Ottawa with medical report about my Current mailing address, But again I do not know if the Doctor will put this NOTE in his Medical report.
Please help.
Thanks in advance
Tarsem

Shibu Basheer May 1st 2001 11:24 pm

Hi,

I had the same problem as you. I changed my address before getting the medical forms.
Even after calling them and updating my address in their system, they got the wrong
address on the medical forms (but have the right address on the envelop). I guess
their system is not fully integrated or something... anyway, i called and asked about
this problem to the immigration help desk (the 1800 number) and they said I can just
stick my new address over the old one, and it should be fine. And thats what I did.
Its only a months since I did the medicals.

Shibu/

On Tue, 1 May 2001, tarsem wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

tarsem May 2nd 2001 5:48 am

Dear Shibu,Thank You Very Much for the Help ,Could you please provide me the immigration help desk (the 1800 number)?
Thanks again !!

Shibu Basheer May 2nd 2001 2:59 pm

1-800-992-7037.

Shibu.

On Wed, 2 May 2001, tarsem wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >