Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Help re fluids & liquids for shipping on Friday

Wikiposts

Help re fluids & liquids for shipping on Friday

Old Apr 4th 2012, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

Neillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant future
Default Help re fluids & liquids for shipping on Friday

Hi,

Just wanting to double check from those of you who have done your shipping recently. We will be packing up our goods into a container on Friday and I have just read about not having any liquids in the container!
I am now just panicking slightly as I have already packed up a whole load of cosmetics and toiletries/ hair products etc etc ready to be shipped over.
Can I bring these or not??
Surely things like that are ok are they??

Panicking a little right now given we have the removals people in on Friday!!!

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 4th 2012, 3:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help re fluids & liquids for shipping on Friday

Check with the shipping company who are transporting your goods they will be the ones responsible if there are goods being shipped that shouldnt be.
From my experience lots of stuff is shipped that shouldnt be but what are the chances that the container will be examined for those type of goods.
As for finding out the regulations and what consists of dangerous/hazardous goods then good luck.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

Neillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant future
Default Re: Help re fluids & liquids for shipping on Friday

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Check with the shipping company who are transporting your goods they will be the ones responsible if there are goods being shipped that shouldnt be.
From my experience lots of stuff is shipped that shouldnt be but what are the chances that the container will be examined for those type of goods.
As for finding out the regulations and what consists of dangerous/hazardous goods then good luck.
Thank you Former Lancastrian, I have checked with them and they have said I can bring my cosmetics and one or two bottles of bubbly

So I can relax now that I don't have to suddenly start throwing it all out! Phew!!!