Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Help ! NVQ / ITQ

Help ! NVQ / ITQ

Old Jan 12th 2009, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

m4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nice
Question Help ! NVQ / ITQ

We've run into a problem where it seems that we are going to be denied PR (according to our immigration rep) as my wife's job is no longer on "the list", so we have been advised to replace her with me as primary applicant as I am an IT Manager BUT i dont have enough points, the only way to get enough points is to complete an NVQ or ITQ level 3 quickly (3 months).

Does anyone how to do this and wether I can use my existing qualifications (Microsoft MCP, MCDST, MCITP and MCTS plus ITIL practitioner) to trade in/account for the modules in it ?

Thanks in advance,
Chris
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Washington, the original one, for now. The future - who knows?
Wearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Help ! NVQ / ITQ

Originally Posted by m4mm4l
We've run into a problem where it seems that we are going to be denied PR (according to our immigration rep) as my wife's job is no longer on "the list", so we have been advised to replace her with me as primary applicant as I am an IT Manager BUT i dont have enough points, the only way to get enough points is to complete an NVQ or ITQ level 3 quickly (3 months).

Does anyone how to do this and wether I can use my existing qualifications (Microsoft MCP, MCDST, MCITP and MCTS plus ITIL practitioner) to trade in/account for the modules in it ?

Thanks in advance,
Chris
Chris

Here is the link to ITQ, but I haven't got a clue what these would equate to points wise:

http://itq.e-skills.com/Assessing-ITQ/2029

Do you only have a 3 month window to gain this qualification?
Old Jan 12th 2009, 12:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

We've run into a problem where it seems that we are going to be denied PR (according to our immigration rep) as my wife's job is no longer on "the list"
No idea about the NVQ related question but I don't understand what you mean about your wife's job 'no longer on "the list"'. You said in a December post that both yours and your wifes jobs were on "the list" - and that hasn't changed so they should still be on it. And if they're not on it now then they never were!

Sorry but I smell a rat, are you sure your immigration consultant has been honest with you??

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 12th 2009 at 12:07 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

m4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nicem4mm4l is just really nice

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
No idea about the NVQ related question but I don't understand what you mean about your wife's job 'no longer on "the list"'. You said in a December post that both yours and your wifes jobs were on "the list" - and that hasn't changed so they should still be on it. And if they're not on it now then they never were!

Sorry but I smell a rat, are you sure your immigration consultant has been honest with you??
It sounds like the incorrect NOC code was placed on our original application, I'm looking into it at the moment. We've gone from thinking everythings going smoothly to running around like crazy people.

We've set a 3 month limit because if we cant get the extra points for our new application we can get in via the back door which is the experience class, my wife can enrol on a post-grad course at a college/university in Toronto for 2 years therefore getting us into Canada for the new term in September but enrollment needs to be before April.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to behold

It sounds like the incorrect NOC code was placed on our original application, I'm looking into it at the moment. We've gone from thinking everythings going smoothly to running around like crazy people.

We've set a 3 month limit because if we cant get the extra points for our new application we can get in via the back door which is the experience class, my wife can enrol on a post-grad course at a college/university in Toronto for 2 years therefore getting us into Canada for the new term in September but enrollment needs to be before April.
But will you be able to work in Canada under these circumstances?
Old Jan 12th 2009, 12:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

In which case, wouldn't it be easier to just update your application with the correct NOC code?

And Wearwider - yes, he would be able to work if his wife was on a study permit as the spouses of study permits get an open work permit. His wife wouldn't be able to work properly however - study permit holders can only work a limited number of hours once they've done 6 months of full-time study I believe.

Old Jan 12th 2009, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
In which case, wouldn't it be easier to just update your application with the correct NOC code?

And Wearwider - yes, he would be able to work if his wife was on a study permit as the spouses of study permits get an open work permit. His wife wouldn't be able to work properly however - study permit holders can only work a limited number of hours once they've done 6 months of full-time study I believe.

That's good news then, but not great if you need 2 wages to get by on.