Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Help me pick a car please.....

Help me pick a car please.....

Old Jun 3rd 2013, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help me pick a car please.....

i'm looking for the link i read it on...

something tells me it was the LWB Hi-Tops only, it'll need to compete with the Dodge/Merc Sprinter, so it'll be a Heavy Duty (3500/4500) dually chassis too i'd think...
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.ford.ca/commercial-trucks/transit/

looks like there's a few variations coming out early next year!
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 10:30 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haggis88
i'm looking for the link i read it on...

something tells me it was the LWB Hi-Tops only, it'll need to compete with the Dodge/Merc Sprinter, so it'll be a Heavy Duty (3500/4500) dually chassis too i'd think...
I looked at those both but with the high tops they're much too ungainly and the Merc is quite spendy for someone who lives in the city and doesn't really need a van for work.

edited to note I think they're going to do three roof lines, with a lower one that would be the dogs.

Last edited by Oink; Jun 3rd 2013 at 10:33 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 10:31 pm
BEd Enthusiast

cjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Really? Hmm, that gives one food for thought. Her HID wants me to get a posh car but naff that for a game of soldiers. With a van, you can just just pull over to the side of the road and make a cup of tea. And you can go camping in it and all sorts.
Maybe you were on to something with your Connect. This does look a very practical option for parking up in a lay-by for a quick cuppa..

Last edited by cjones; Jun 3rd 2013 at 10:44 pm.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 10:36 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.ford.ca/commercial-trucks/transit/

looks like there's a few variations coming out early next year!
I've just wee'd myself a little. Must check to see if it'll fit in my parking space.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

I've just wee'd myself a little. Must check to see if it'll fit in my parking space.
No 2.5TDDi engine choice though
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 10:42 pm

No 2.5TDDi engine choice though
I can live with whatever engine they got. I can see it now, loading the van up with beer and food for a weekend surf trip to the Island or heading up north to go lake fishing. Might make this place just that little bit more bearable.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 11:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

Massive fuel guzzling engine and no manual gear box - slovenly sods
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

I can live with whatever engine they got. I can see it now, loading the van up with beer and food for a weekend surf trip to the Island or heading up north to go lake fishing. Might make this place just that little bit more bearable.
sounds like a good plan!

if they come with an option to add an extra bench behind the front seats to make a "Supercrew" van, i'm into it!
Old Jun 4th 2013, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

Mrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really niceMrs. B. is just really nice

Holy bajoly I am more confused now than ever, looking at getting a new model, 2010-2012, test drove one and loved it. I have always been a Toyota fan.
Old Jun 4th 2013, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Honda Odyssey is a good shout actually

or if you'd prefer the SUV look, the 7-seat Honda Pilots are decent too!

i quite like my Ridgeline (Honda truck built on the Pilot chassis) its comfortable, well kitted out, gets relatively good gas mileage (11l/100km) and is reasonable to insure. It could use more power, but that's just me being used to much higher powered hatchbacks in the UK!
Old Jun 4th 2013, 11:06 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

i quite like my Ridgeline (Honda truck built on the Pilot chassis) its comfortable, well kitted out, gets relatively good gas mileage (11l/100km) and is reasonable to insure. It could use more power, but that's just me being used to much higher powered hatchbacks in the UK!
Faux truck. Not a real truck. More an SUV with a boot instead of a estate body.
Old Jun 4th 2013, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
of course it is, but it was cheap and still retains the practicality i require!

plus it fits in my garage, which i don't think a full sized truck could do!
Old Jun 4th 2013, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

delsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
We've had a Dodge Journey for a couple of years now and find it to be fine for us - a family of 4 but with plenty of visitors and kids' friends. We found the Caravan we had before a bit "wallowy" on the bends here on the Island.
This is where I see it being less illusion and an actual tangible difference between an MPV and and SUV - any MPV I have been in felt soft and wallowy through corners. Like driving a mini bus whereas many SUVs do not feel bus like at all.

The Toyota 4Runner is a seven seater (in Ltd trim) and is very far removed from a minivan. So if you need the size and space i don't see the "you might as well be done with it and get an MPV" point.

Also the 5, RVR and vehicles of that size can hardly be classed as vans, they are barely bigger than a car.
Old Jun 4th 2013, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

delsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I thought the Ridgeline was body on frame? Which would make it more truck like in its nature than car and SUV like

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.