Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Help I hate it here!!!

Help I hate it here!!!

Old Nov 1st 2011, 4:10 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help I hate it here!!!

Originally Posted by LucyLovelock
I have messaged her on FB, as we had become friends, if she replies, and is happy for me to update, or if she wants to come update herself, I will let you guys know!
I hope they are ok!
x
Thanks, Lucy.
It would be reassuring also for anyone feeling the same as the OP did to know that it isn't necessarily a one way ticket and if it isn't for you, that life can resume in the UK with no harm done.
Looking forward to hearing some happy news soon.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

RRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to all

Sorry, thanks Lucy for reminding me to update how things are!

Well everything is good actually. My husband went back to his job and seems really happy which is one half of us ok. I am looking for work but dont have any financial worries so its no big deal if I dont find work this side of Christmas. We are renting a log cabin in the woods so its cheap and the view is awesome.

I bought myself a new car yesterday which I love and we have put in an offer on an amazing barn conversion so that we can be settled.

To sum up moving back will bring us happiness and yes I will still feel that I didnt really give it a go and I do miss my family in Canada. The main reason for moving was to be near my family but not at the cost of my unhappiness. We could have moved somewhere else in Canada more suitable but then that defeats the object of why we moved to Canada. Also when you know you are making your husband unhappy by your decision then it kinda sucks and its not just me and my family I need to think about.

Anyways wish us luck on our offer on the barn conversion and anyone in the Worcestershire area wants to come and admire it let me know xxxxx
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 8:33 am
forever blowing bubbles

arniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Help I hate it here!!!

Originally Posted by RRhodes

Well everything is good actually. My husband went back to his job and seems really happy which is one half of us ok. I am looking for work but dont have any financial worries so its no big deal if I dont find work this side of Christmas. We are renting a log cabin in the woods so its cheap and the view is awesome.

I bought myself a new car yesterday which I love and we have put in an offer on an amazing barn conversion so that we can be settled.

To sum up moving back will bring us happiness and yes I will still feel that I didnt really give it a go and I do miss my family in Canada. The main reason for moving was to be near my family but not at the cost of my unhappiness. We could have moved somewhere else in Canada more suitable but then that defeats the object of why we moved to Canada. Also when you know you are making your husband unhappy by your decision then it kinda sucks and its not just me and my family I need to think about.

Anyways wish us luck on our offer on the barn conversion and anyone in the Worcestershire area wants to come and admire it let me know xxxxx
as long as you and your family are happy with what ever you choose to do then that is all that matters. Good luck to you and yours rrhodes and i hope all works out well in the end
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 1:56 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Great!
I am so pleased that things have worked out well.
Best wishes.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

RRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to allRRhodes is a name known to all
Smile Re: Help I hate it here!!!

p.s. they accepted our offer, should be in by christmas!!!!
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 2:20 pm
Island life at last

p.s. they accepted our offer, should be in by christmas!!!!
Brill!
Send us a photo!
Old Nov 4th 2011, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Now in West London, but one day soon in Vancouver.....!
julius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond repute

watch it, iaink, matey....im still here....lurking around....LOL!!

quite rightly said, tho.....snap decisions...easily made...but can result in years of misery......just look at us now.....trying to get back to square one again....(no, not THE square one shopping mall in mississauga...!!)

each to his own, i suppose...

Originally Posted by iaink
Then there are posters like Julius Smith, or Glaswegian, who would have left on the first plane. One is back in the UK, trying now to get back to Vancouver, and the other everything fell into place at once and he has settled happily in Calgary after hating the GTA.

The truth is, none of us can say what is best for the OP. Sometimes it takes time, sometimes it doesnt help. Personal circumstances and motivations are going to weigh into any decision that they make, and all we can do is try and help with the day to day issues and local knowledge of an area, or life here as a british immigrant, and at least help them make as informed a decision as possible. Life isnt a game.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update- glad to hear you are settled and looking forward to the pictures of the barn conversion! Well done!

Old Nov 5th 2011, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

p.s. what recession, been back 1 week and starting work on Monday woohoo
Old Nov 5th 2011, 6:52 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Be careful of those hoodies, drunken teenagers, and the lack of opportunities out there
Old Nov 5th 2011, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Glad it all worked out for you!

Hope you are happy in your new barn! How lovely!
Old Nov 6th 2011, 1:24 am
Island life at last

The recession as it pertains to jobs in the UK is a situation that exists for the majority, not everybody!

When I was in the UK all I ever read on the teaching forums was how terrible the situation was with Supply teaching and how there was no work, how schools had no money to pay Supply and other teachers said I was MAD to give up my Permanent post at that time.

In the three years since on Supply I had almost no time without work, I got offered three fixed term contracts through working on Supply (no need to apply/be interviewed) and at least two of the schools wanted to keep me permanently (but I said no).

So, what recession indeed.

If you're hot, then you're hot and it seems you are SMOKIN"!!!
Old Nov 6th 2011, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant, then no regrets
Old Nov 11th 2011, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

good job!
Old Nov 12th 2011, 9:34 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

RRhodes, I have read all of the posts and responses - I am trying my utmost to make this a happy and successful transition for all the family. Could I just ask? Do you think that there may have been a sense of anti-climax that may have added to your unhappiness? It takes a long time to sort out the move, and one has so many hopes riding on this enormous change, all emotions are leading toward the move, and perhaps not so many to the unknown vacuum after it?

Sometimes you do need a big shake up to make you know what makes you happy. I have done a lot of soul searching about this move, not before time - state of my marriage, state of me! This has been one of the most illuminating and difficult years for a long while.

I am so very pleased that your return to the UK has panned out so well and so positively. Very best wishes, and hopes that all continues in this upbeat fashion.

Last edited by MillieF; Nov 12th 2011 at 9:37 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.