Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Help to get criminal reference check

Help to get criminal reference check

Old Feb 25th 2011, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

gjspain will become famous soon enoughgjspain will become famous soon enough
Default Help to get criminal reference check

Hi i have returned back to the uk, but for a job i have applied for i need to have a check done. I was living in Edmonton Alberta, if anyone can help or put me intoch with someone who can do it for me i will be more than grateful. I am happy to pay for it.

Thank you
Old Feb 25th 2011, 6:52 pm
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Help to get criminal reference check

Originally Posted by gjspain
Hi i have returned back to the uk, but for a job i have applied for i need to have a check done. I was living in Edmonton Alberta, if anyone can help or put me intoch with someone who can do it for me i will be more than grateful. I am happy to pay for it.

Thank you
What exactly have they asked for? Is it to supply a police certificate for employment purposes? Is this for your time in Edmonton or your time living in the UK?

Cheers

JB
Old Feb 25th 2011, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

gjspain will become famous soon enoughgjspain will become famous soon enough

It is for a job at the airport in the uk, they require a criminal reference check done, for my time in Canada , edmonton.
Old Feb 25th 2011, 7:19 pm
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough

Ok, it is my understanding that you need to contact the RCMP and that you need to provide a set of finger prints.

Have a look at:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm

The reason I asked who want's what.....is I am going through the opposite, getting my criminal record check for my time in UK for Canadian employment.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 8:00 am
Just Joined

nwtspam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gjspain
It is for a job at the airport in the uk, they require a criminal reference check done, for my time in Canada , edmonton.
Greetings from Edmonton, Alberta:

You could get a criminal record check (name search) at the local RCMP branch but you have to apply personally and show two piece of IDs.

Fingerprint search (especially from overseas) could take over a month to get done.

My wife is a RN so she needs to get one done every year. The name search one is good enough to satisfy her employer (the provincal gov).

The form is available at
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/form/3584-eng.pdf

You really should get this done BEFORE you leave the country...
Old Feb 26th 2011, 4:23 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by nwtspam
Greetings from Edmonton, Alberta:

You could get a criminal record check (name search) at the local RCMP branch but you have to apply personally and show two piece of IDs.

Fingerprint search (especially from overseas) could take over a month to get done.

My wife is a RN so she needs to get one done every year. The name search one is good enough to satisfy her employer (the provincal gov).

The form is available at
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/form/3584-eng.pdf

You really should get this done BEFORE you leave the country...
Actually is about 12 weeks for an RCMP fingerprint check http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/time-temp-eng.htm