Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Help???? In country spouse...Police Certs??

Wikiposts

Help???? In country spouse...Police Certs??

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 9:11 am
Just Joined

krans is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Help???? In country spouse...Police Certs??

Dear All

I must be daft but I am finding it hard to understand the cic website.
I am being sponsored as a spouse from WITHIN CANADA.

It mentions that Police Certs are required for all countries resided in for past ten years.
I my case this is Aus and PNG,
I cannot work out if I need fingerprints for Aus.
I cannot see where on the website what is required.

As for PNG.....I was told by an immigration agent that they were on the list where you don't have to get a Police Cert???
Again I cannot find reference to this on the website?

Then I tried to find out if I have to get an RCMP Police Check. I am still on a visitor visa and have not been in country for more that 2 months. All docs I see state must be six months.

Any assistance as to where to find the correct info would be a relief....
I have rung every number possible and get different answers.

Rgds :scared:
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 9:34 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice
Default Re: Help???? In country spouse...Police Certs??

Originally Posted by krans
Dear All

It mentions that Police Certs are required for all countries resided in for past ten years.

As for PNG.....I was told by an immigration agent that they were on the list where you don't have to get a Police Cert???

Then I tried to find out if I have to get an RCMP Police Check. I am still on a visitor visa and have not been in country for more that 2 months. All docs I see state must be six months.

Hi krans,
I can help you with the Australian PC. I don't know anything about the PNG check. Also CIC requires PC's for all countries where you have lived for more than 6 months since you turned 18 and not just the past 10 years.

For the Australian PC you have to submit an application to the Australian Federal Police. It has to be a full check including fingerprints. The information can be found at here. The form you need is the Criminal History Character Check Form and not the one with the word immigration on it. The AFP fee is $103 for the PC.

I have seen posts on this forum that have indicated that CIC asked for RCMP checks even from people who had been in Canada less than 6 months. I'd suggest that you organise one to be on the safe side as they are quoting 150 days to process one. For immigration purposes they do not cost anything other than having the fingerprints done. You can pick up an application form from a RMCP station.

BTW welcome to the forum.

Last edited by OzRob; Mar 3rd 2005 at 9:37 am.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 9:52 am
Just Joined

krans is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thanks

This is a great site and offers assistance to us newbies.

I appreciate your input and I will move my query re PNG to the Aus forum.
Someone there may know..

Rgds
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:00 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice
Default Re: Thanks

This is a great site and offers assistance to us newbies.

I appreciate your input and I will move my query re PNG to the Aus forum.
Someone there may know..

Rgds
I forgot that I was in the Canadian lifestyle and culture forum when I posted the reply. I'd suggest you post questions like this one in the Canadian immigration forum. There are a few experts that frequent that forum who will answer these types of questions.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Dear All

hello..i can help you with this info..there is a web site where you can download the forms that you need to send BACK to Australia with your fingerprints. I am getting ready to prepare mine. And was guided to do this by others on this site who have done this already with success......please be patient as i need to find the site for you...ASAP...And relax all will be well..*S*
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

ok..i found it *S*

click on this link and it will guide you to the site for the forms to send to Australia.

http://www.afp.gov.au/afp/page/Empl.../crimhterms.htm

I have printed mine off and rang the local police station here, in BC they have told me it will cost $25 to have my fingerprints taken. Also i have spoken with the Police Beaureu(SP) in the ACT back in Australia. They have told me it takes 15 working days from when they recieve it. They then send the results back to YOU or your designated immigration office within Canada.

PS if you post *immigration questions in the Immigration Section you will get more responses to further queries. ( just as rob says)

Good Luck. *S*
Old Mar 5th 2005, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

yorkiebar99 is on a distinguished road

Hello there!

my husband had to have the police check for Australia about 2yrs ago and what i remember is that it arrived much quicker than the UK one!! very efficient.

Dear All