Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Help...Calgary Airport & dogs arriving

Help...Calgary Airport & dogs arriving

Old Nov 8th 2012, 6:32 pm
Wales to Saskatoon!

JulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really nice
Default Help...Calgary Airport & dogs arriving

Has anyone flown to Calgary lately with there dogs?

We are flying our 2 over on the same flight as us on 5th December and wondered if anyone could give us some pointers?

Also, does anyone know what the charges are per dog, I think the pet shipping company called it a 'Destination charge'...and also if there are any other charges relating to our dogs, that I should know about that I would have to pay, and how are they paid Card or CAD?.

Thanks
Old Nov 8th 2012, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help...Calgary Airport & dogs arriving

Originally Posted by JulieLord
Has anyone flown to Calgary lately with there dogs?

We are flying our 2 over on the same flight as us on 5th December and wondered if anyone could give us some pointers?

Also, does anyone know what the charges are per dog, I think the pet shipping company called it a 'Destination charge'...and also if there are any other charges relating to our dogs, that I should know about that I would have to pay, and how are they paid Card or CAD?.

Thanks
Hi

I got your PM and I can't find the post you are talking about. I know the one you mean where I typed it all out for someone what to do.

Go to search and then advanced search. There are a few threads about this.

I believe you have to pay cash (if I remember rightly). I will have another look for that thread.

Old Nov 8th 2012, 7:37 pm
Wales to Saskatoon!

JulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really niceJulieLord is just really nice

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass
Hi

I got your PM and I can't find the post you are talking about. I know the one you mean where I typed it all out for someone what to do.

Go to search and then advanced search. There are a few threads about this.

I believe you have to pay cash (if I remember rightly). I will have another look for that thread.

Thanks for that

It would be great if someone has done this recently who can tell me what they did etc, was it easy going through customs and collecting dogs bla bla bla...
Old Nov 8th 2012, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that

It would be great if someone has done this recently who can tell me what they did etc, was it easy going through customs and collecting dogs bla bla bla...
Here's the one where I explained what you had to do (when it was fresh in my mind). If the link doesn't work from here cut and paste it into a new browser - that works cos I just tried it. Not sure how to do links on this...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...dog%2C+sat+nav
Old Nov 8th 2012, 7:43 pm
Wales to Saskatoon!

Here's the one where I explained what you had to do (when it was fresh in my mind). If the link doesn't work from here cut and paste it into a new browser - that works cos I just tried it. Not sure how to do links on this...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...dog%2C+sat+nav
That's the one I remember... thanks ever so much you are a star!!
Old Nov 8th 2012, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

KeithSonja will become famous soon enoughKeithSonja will become famous soon enough

That's the one I remember... thanks ever so much you are a star!!
I am pretty sure friends of mine flew out of Gatwick to Calgary with Air Transat and only had to pay the "extra baggage" fee for their dog. I think they dropped her off at the animal gate and just collected her the other end with no issues at all... Obviously they had their Pet Passport paperwork all up together.

I could check with them if it helps?
Old Nov 8th 2012, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by KeithSonja
I am pretty sure friends of mine flew out of Gatwick to Calgary with Air Transat and only had to pay the "extra baggage" fee for their dog. I think they dropped her off at the animal gate and just collected her the other end with no issues at all... Obviously they had their Pet Passport paperwork all up together.

I could check with them if it helps?
They may have done but if you have a big heffa of a dog like mine you can't do it. They have an upper weight limit and fully grown labs are too heavy
Old Nov 8th 2012, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

KeithSonja will become famous soon enoughKeithSonja will become famous soon enough

They may have done but if you have a big heffa of a dog like mine you can't do it. They have an upper weight limit and fully grown labs are too heavy
Lol no their dog is a small poodle cross, probably only 15lbs!
Old Nov 9th 2012, 7:59 am
Wales to Saskatoon!

both my dogs are under 20 kilos...

I guess the best thing I can do, is be prepared! make sure I got money on my Mastercard, I will have $$ on me anyway.

Thanks
Old Nov 9th 2012, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Our dog cost more to get across than the 3 flights for us and our son combined.. honestly...
Old Nov 9th 2012, 5:59 pm
Wales to Saskatoon!

Our dog cost more to get across than the 3 flights for us and our son combined.. honestly...
I can believe it too!
Old Nov 12th 2012, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

dollydee1 is a jewel in the roughdollydee1 is a jewel in the roughdollydee1 is a jewel in the roughdollydee1 is a jewel in the rough

I flew Heathrow to Calgary with my girl on the 11th sept, was dreading it months before. Flew with Air Canada absolutely brilliant all the worry was unfounded, they were so helpful, let me check in early ( she went as excess baggage) her and crate could not weigh more than 32kg, i did it myself no agences could not believe how straightforward it was.

Landing at Calgary nearly knocked every passenger down wanting to get off the plane to get to her. I had to go through immigration and customs first before I could get to her, shouted at staff where is she as could not see her then heard a bark and there she was by the baggage carousel on her lonesome cowering in back of crate looked scared however more stress than anything.

If you need to know anything just contact me .....

Oh only cost me 179.00 pounds to fly her and no fees at this end which was great, customs will give you authorisation to collect your pet, all they wanted to see was her rabies documentation.....

Last edited by dollydee1; Nov 12th 2012 at 10:31 pm.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Jetlag is a glorious beacon of lightJetlag is a glorious beacon of lightJetlag is a glorious beacon of lightJetlag is a glorious beacon of lightJetlag is a glorious beacon of lightJetlag is a glorious beacon of lightJetlag is a glorious beacon of lightJetlag is a glorious beacon of lightJetlag is a glorious beacon of lightJetlag is a glorious beacon of lightJetlag is a glorious beacon of light

The only thing that puts me off flying the dogs is the fear that the whole plane will hear Molly yodelling from the cargo hold the whole way. She hates travelling in the back of our estate, let alone a crate in an airplane LOL
Old Nov 13th 2012, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Natalieb207 has a brilliant futureNatalieb207 has a brilliant futureNatalieb207 has a brilliant futureNatalieb207 has a brilliant futureNatalieb207 has a brilliant futureNatalieb207 has a brilliant future

I spoke to Air Transat yesterday about taking my Boxer from Gatwick. As long as I check him onto the flight 72 hrs before i'm due to fly, i can check him in with my bags and collect him at the other end. Charges $175 cad plus $30 + taxes at the other end.
I was a bit unsure about doing this, as reading on here so many people have got a third party to do it for them and paid a fortune. Its good to hear that dollydee1 has done it by herself.
I need to check about the upper weight limit as my Boxer in a big one, people think he is a bull mastiff.
I'll keep you posted on my finding....
Old Nov 13th 2012, 12:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Natalieb207
I spoke to Air Transat yesterday about taking my Boxer from Gatwick. As long as I check him onto the flight 72 hrs before i'm due to fly, i can check him in with my bags and collect him at the other end. Charges $175 cad plus $30 + taxes at the other end.
I was a bit unsure about doing this, as reading on here so many people have got a third party to do it for them and paid a fortune. Its good to hear that dollydee1 has done it by herself.
I need to check about the upper weight limit as my Boxer in a big one, people think he is a bull mastiff.
I'll keep you posted on my finding....
Don't forget it is the weight of the dog and its crate that must not exceed the weight limit. I would imagine that it would be a small boxer that would be able to go as excess baggage. You will also need to check the airline's guidelines as to when they will let dogs such as Boxers fly. Some of the airlines have issues with breathing difficulties at certain times of the year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.