HELP!!!!!

Old Aug 1st 2010, 6:01 am
Just Joined

shazza42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP!!!!!

my husband has just been told that the company hes working for will not and can not get another LMO for him,the alberta government apparently no longer need carpenters,he has been offered several jobs but cannot accept them as the employers have hit a brick wall with the LMO'S,they have basically been told that they have to give the job to a canadian regardless of the fact that they are less skilled than my husband,this doesnt seem fair,i understand they have to give jobs to their own citizens and im all for that but to actually force companys to employ less skilled people seems wrong.a company have said they will apply for an LMO for him but under a different category,does anyone have any experience that may help with this
Old Aug 1st 2010, 6:09 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP!!!!!

Originally Posted by shazza42
my husband has just been told that the company hes working for will not and can not get another LMO for him,the alberta government apparently no longer need carpenters,he has been offered several jobs but cannot accept them as the employers have hit a brick wall with the LMO'S,they have basically been told that they have to give the job to a canadian regardless of the fact that they are less skilled than my husband,this doesnt seem fair,i understand they have to give jobs to their own citizens and im all for that but to actually force companys to employ less skilled people seems wrong.a company have said they will apply for an LMO for him but under a different category,does anyone have any experience that may help with this
How long have you been in-country?
Old Aug 1st 2010, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

shazza42 is an unknown quantity at this point

2 and a half years
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

airbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think that the company are being straight...can you verify that no LMOs for carpenters is in fact the current policy in Alberta...and if that is so, does the policy extend to carpentry supervisory roles?
If he has the experience which I expect he does, perhaps that is a loophole:

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/...spx?val65=7215

Found a few jobs in Saskatchewan....if you have to start looking further afield.

https://www.saskjobs.ca:4444/jsp/job...rder_id=306746

https://www.saskjobs.ca:4444/index.jsp

Best of luck............
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 2:03 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by airbornesapper
Do you think that the company are being straight...can you verify that no LMOs for carpenters is in fact the current policy in Alberta...and if that is so, does the policy extend to carpentry supervisory roles?
If he has the experience which I expect he does, perhaps that is a loophole:
I can't verify the policy but keep in mind that it is the Alberta government that refused to renew the TWPs for the Calgary bus drivers. So it would not surprise me that they are refusing the LMO in this case. For some reason they are playing hard ball with temporary workers at the moment. I can't imagine they think this policy will translate into votes come the next election, but who knows? This government is totally unpredictable.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 2:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shazza42

Another example of why one shouldn't wait to apply for PR

I hope you find a solution soon.