HELP !!!!

Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

lee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nice
Default HELP !!!!

We came to Canada in July 07 on temp WP. I had to pass an exam and then apply for a WP extension. I passed the exam, and the original WP expired in Feb 08.

I applied online, and made the payment, but had to wait to send LMO and exam certificate etc, but it got posted to them ONE day after my temp WP expired.

I now have to apply for Restoration Status and it will take min 4 - 6 weeks.!

In the meantime, Im not allowed to work and our children can't go to school...

Can anyone offer us some advise or a life line on how to cope without any income and no saving??

Our House here in Canada is up for sale and we haven't had any offers

I have also posted a similar thread on the Immigration Forum, so I apologise if you have already read my situation and thanks for the replies so far.

Cheers
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of
Default Re: HELP !!!!

The school should support you for your children - so I would explore that optoin first. Rural here, they would let the children continue - if not they should help with home schooling.

Next stop bank - have you credit by now? See if you can set up a line of credit. Ask their advice. Can you borrow money from someone in the UK?

Speak to your Realtor and find out what is going on and tell them you want to be kept informed often of progress or you will cancel the listing.

Then all the obvious.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:40 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

So you have 4- 6 weeks from now where you are without income, is there any left in the bank for the next couple of weeks least? Where are you? I dont know that that helps, but someone more local might have some good ideas.

I think going to the bank and asking about credit is a good idea.

The alternative is borrowing money from family, which is grim and also not always possible, but needs must at times.

The next alternative is selling things on Kijiji. Sounds awful, but might help. There will be something that will happen, though I know it feels so terrible right now.

The school should allow the children to continue there, but if not, it is only a month or so.

Tell us more. It will be fine.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 5:43 pm
NS covern member #1

Poppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond reputePoppy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Can you take in a tennant? Use your house in some way to get income, even if on a small level?
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:18 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

You're still returning to UK as soon as you can though? I got a little confused when I read your other posts......
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:21 pm
NS covern member #1

Originally Posted by Morwenna
You're still returning to UK as soon as you can though? I got a little confused when I read your other posts......

Yeah, I just looked back previous posts and saw that. Are you just wanting to extend your work here until the house has sold so you can go back? Or do you have the ticket money now, because if you can get back and get some work, the house will sell and you can pay the mortgage in the meantime.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

lee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nice

Thanks soooooooooo much !

All of your suggestions have really helped. It looks like it's going to be a rough ride for a bit, but hopefully something will come up, just at the moment everything seems very bleak.

Thanks again, it good to know other people care. x
Old Apr 9th 2008, 8:08 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lee58uk
Thanks soooooooooo much !

All of your suggestions have really helped. It looks like it's going to be a rough ride for a bit, but hopefully something will come up, just at the moment everything seems very bleak.

Thanks again, it good to know other people care. x
Best of luck Lee.