Reload this Page >

Hello and Thanks - Take 2

Wikiposts

Hello and Thanks - Take 2

Old Aug 7th 2010, 12:46 am
Just Joined

NDT_Lass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello and Thanks - Take 2

Hi All - I've just posted this in The Welcome Inn, and have taken on board the suggestion that I might like to post it here too.

Well, I thought it was about time I upped my status from ‘lurker’ and joined to say a BIG thank you to all contributors to this forum, particularly those in the Canada section.
I’m Charlotte, I live in the Westcountry with my hubby and our menagerie, and we are taking the first tentative steps towards permanent relocation to Canada. It’s an idea that we’ve discussed on-and-off for a few years, and we’ve finally decided to go for it.
At present, both of our jobs feature on ‘the list’ (we are both aircraft engineers – him avionics, me NDT and structures/propulsion), so that is the route that we are going to try to take.
Although we would like to have at least one offer of employment first, I understand that this can be a bit of a catch 22 situation, so we are going to gather the documents required for a PR application whilst job-hunting. That in itself is proving to be a bit of a task, as my husband can’t remember all of his addresses (he’s had a lot of them), but we are hoping the DWP might be able to help with that.
Anyway, before I ramble on any further, I just want to say that the whole idea of emigrating has been made far less daunting because of the fantastic people here sharing their knowledge and experiences – thanks everyone!!
Old Aug 7th 2010, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello and Thanks - Take 2

Hi
Good luck with your application. Only need addresses from age 18 where you / he has lived for 6 months or more, I believe. Tax office could be a good place to look for employment details and addresses. Happy searching
lol
stef

Originally Posted by NDT_Lass
Hi All - I've just posted this in The Welcome Inn, and have taken on board the suggestion that I might like to post it here too.

Well, I thought it was about time I upped my status from ‘lurker’ and joined to say a BIG thank you to all contributors to this forum, particularly those in the Canada section.
I’m Charlotte, I live in the Westcountry with my hubby and our menagerie, and we are taking the first tentative steps towards permanent relocation to Canada. It’s an idea that we’ve discussed on-and-off for a few years, and we’ve finally decided to go for it.
At present, both of our jobs feature on ‘the list’ (we are both aircraft engineers – him avionics, me NDT and structures/propulsion), so that is the route that we are going to try to take.
Although we would like to have at least one offer of employment first, I understand that this can be a bit of a catch 22 situation, so we are going to gather the documents required for a PR application whilst job-hunting. That in itself is proving to be a bit of a task, as my husband can’t remember all of his addresses (he’s had a lot of them), but we are hoping the DWP might be able to help with that.
Anyway, before I ramble on any further, I just want to say that the whole idea of emigrating has been made far less daunting because of the fantastic people here sharing their knowledge and experiences – thanks everyone!!
Old Aug 7th 2010, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

airbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome....

Here are a couple links to get you going:

http://www.travailleraucanada.gc.ca/...=2244&lang=eng

http://www.cicic.ca/684/Aircraft_Ins...nada?prof=2244

All the best...

Last edited by airbornesapper; Aug 7th 2010 at 1:03 am.
Old Aug 7th 2010, 1:30 am
Just Joined

NDT_Lass is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi and thanks for the good wishes Stef

Hi Airbornesapper, and thanks very much for those links. Hopefully after I've posted this I'll be able to access my pm inbox!
Old Aug 7th 2010, 2:51 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE. You may want to look at the wiki section of this forum, there are some great articles there to get you started, in particular the Quick Guide to Immigration and the Job Hunting sections.

If you have specialized skills and qualification, getting a job offer may not be that hard. My suggestion though is that you should come to Canada and introduce yourself to prospective employers. There are quite a few opportunities around the country with small and large outfits. If you have military experience that opens a few more hanger doors.

Transport Canada are the licensing authority here.
http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviatio...-menu-2534.htm
http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviatio...-menu-1217.htm

TC is the only authority that can accredit foreign AME or Aircrew licenses.