Reload this Page >

Hello from Mississauga, Canada

Old Aug 19th 2011, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

megster will become famous soon enough
Default Hello from Mississauga, Canada

I am new to this site but not new to Canada. I have lived here for many years and as I am a new member here I would love to hear from anyone that lives around my area.

I am looking forward to getting to know you and to participate here.
Wishing you all a wonderful day!
Old Aug 19th 2011, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Mississauga, Canada

Welcome to the site
Old Aug 19th 2011, 3:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Old Aug 19th 2011, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Many thanks!
Old Aug 19th 2011, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

fatherkjack is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by megster

I am new to this site but not new to Canada. I have lived here for many years and as I am a new member here I would love to hear from anyone that lives around my area.

I am looking forward to getting to know you and to participate here.
Wishing you all a wonderful day!
Hi megster, Mississagua will be my first stop when I get my PR. Hopefully be over in March next year!
Old Aug 19th 2011, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

All the best with that. I live close to "downtown" Mississauga and close to the highways so no problems getting to TO, Airport, Westbound to the Falls etc;

I find it a good place to live. Love our Mayor.

Old Aug 19th 2011, 6:02 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megster
All the best with that. I live close to "downtown" Mississauga and close to the highways so no problems getting to TO, Airport, Westbound to the Falls etc;

I find it a good place to live. Love our Mayor.

Where is "downtown" Mississauga?

Your Mayor, since you mention her, is a loathsome old hag and has been a disaster for the aesthetics of the GTA.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

fatherkjack is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
Where is "downtown" Mississauga?

Your Mayor, since you mention her, is a loathsome old hag and has been a disaster for the aesthetics of the GTA.
I'd like to know where or what is classed as downtown Mississauga. It doesn't feel like it has a proper town centre; not like towns in blighty anyway.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 7:30 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatherkjack
I'd like to know where or what is classed as downtown Mississauga. It doesn't feel like it has a proper town centre; not like towns in blighty anyway.
Port Credit is recognisably a place, maybe Clarkson and Streetsville could also be considered places, the rest is just a concrete wasteland. Downtown Mississauga is like downtown Spaghetti Junction, to the innocent observer it's all ramps, that one should be thought "downtown" and the rest not, is a difficult concept to grasp.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 8:31 pm

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
+1

Don't forget corrupt as well.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 8:48 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by lmartin999
Don't forget corrupt as well.
I don't hold that against politicians.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

wizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud of

Actually the "city centre" are of Mississauga around Square One is getting reasonably dense and visually interesting. I haven't really been to Mississauga much, because, well, why would you? However I was there recently for the opening of a new store and their development around the City Hall and that area is mich more interesting than the endless condo development in Toronto. The buildings are all different with interesting architecture from ultra modern uusual shapes to neo-gothicesque.
The City Hall design is unusual, not just a bland concrete building and they have the new college going in there and other developments in place for a lake/park area with mixed residential and retail development.
The majority of Mississauga is bland endless stripmalls and subdivisions and so forth but that centre area is actually reasonably interesting.
Not at all pedestrian friendly though, definately a suburban version of a city core.
Old Aug 20th 2011, 12:14 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by wizzard
The City Hall design is unusual
Granted.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

englishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of light

I live about 15 mins by car from you.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

vickyandneil is a jewel in the roughvickyandneil is a jewel in the roughvickyandneil is a jewel in the roughvickyandneil is a jewel in the roughvickyandneil is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Hello from Mississauga, Canada

Hello,

We live in Port Credit and we love it! We've been here for 18 months now. Would love to meet up with anyone who fancies it.