Hello hello!!

Old Feb 25th 2014, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

S052 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hello hello!!

Hi there just thought I'd say hello as I'm a newbie!
After a few years of careful consideration and holidays me and the husband are nearing 30 and have decided we want to come and live in Alberta. We are both dentists, probably the worst job to pick for coming to Canada and have looked into sitting the equivalency exams which look tough, expensive, and probably just about do-able ... but then realised that after 6 years of toughing out the NHS, maybe we could put our brains/hands/customer service to better use doing something else that might be a lot less stressful and without the commitments we haven here could deal with a bit of a wage-cut...

so does anyone know if there are many graduate schemes in companies where perhaps we could do this?
or any success stories from UK trained dentists who actually have managed to get through the process? mostly I hear lots of people just giving up at various stages along the way

I have just got some forms from a company called Brazolot migration group too if anyone has experience/reviews of them?
Really appreciative of any help anyone can give and nice to meet you all in a nerdy internet sort of way!
Old Feb 25th 2014, 8:22 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello hello!!

Originally Posted by S052
I have just got some forms from a company called Brazolot migration group too if anyone has experience/reviews of them?
Really appreciative of any help anyone can give and nice to meet you all in a nerdy internet sort of way!
Can't help much on the work stuff, but use the Search button and type in Brazolot... you should have a pretty clear view of their company pretty quickly.
Old Feb 25th 2014, 8:29 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Can't help much on the work stuff, but use the Search button and type in Brazolot... you should have a pretty clear view of their company pretty quickly.
obviously can't write anything libellous, but SnookoLoly gives good advice. That would be my non-dentist perspective on your original post.
Old Feb 25th 2014, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

Wow, i have had the application on my coffee table for 5 days. it is just on its way to the bin! THANK YOU!
Old Feb 25th 2014, 8:42 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, i have had the application on my coffee table for 5 days. it is just on its way to the bin! THANK YOU!
Application to take your conversion dentistry exams you mean I'm sure.
Old Feb 25th 2014, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

By the looks of things Brazolot would have taken more $$$ than these blinking tooth exams would! A lady sat next to me on the plane back home last time said they had been great with her... maybe she was someone they plant on AirTransat flights!
Old Feb 25th 2014, 9:15 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

By the looks of things Brazolot would have taken more $$$ than these blinking tooth exams would! A lady sat next to me on the plane back home last time said they had been great with her... maybe she was someone they plant on AirTransat flights!
Wouldn't two dentistry salaries in Canada be worth the pain and expense of the exams? I don't know, just curious!
Old Feb 25th 2014, 9:16 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tirytory
Wouldn't two dentistry salaries in Canada be worth the pain and expense of the exams? I don't know, just curious!
But British kids eat more sweets than Canadians so their teeth decays-a-lot.
Old Feb 25th 2014, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

Yes they would, and we've done pretty well on their mock online exams
I think my fella is so disillusioned with trying to do a good job on the nhs and constantly being bashed by his bosses for being too thorough and not grinding out loads of quick crap work to hit targets etc that a total career change isn't out of the question. Which is really sad but there we go. So just open to people's advice and opinions really!
Old Feb 25th 2014, 9:22 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
But British kids eat more sweets than Canadians so their teeth decays-a-lot.
Well having been to a lot of play groups recently I'm inclined to agree, certainly a lot less crips which I think are meant to be worse but still sure there are lots of money making adults with decaying teeth
Old Feb 25th 2014, 9:29 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Yes they would, and we've done pretty well on their mock online exams
I think my fella is so disillusioned with trying to do a good job on the nhs and constantly being bashed by his bosses for being too thorough and not grinding out loads of quick crap work to hit targets etc that a total career change isn't out of the question. Which is really sad but there we go. So just open to people's advice and opinions really!
Well there's the nhs for you! I'm a staff nurse and considering a total change rather than go through the process but don't know what else I would do . My husband is a family physician and has to sit two exams before he has an unrestricted license with very loose "supervision". Is there provision like that for dentistry??
Old Feb 25th 2014, 9:29 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tirytory
Well having been to a lot of play groups recently I'm inclined to agree, certainly a lot less crips which I think are meant to be worse but still sure there are lots of money making adults with decaying teeth
True, plus, in Canada you can charge for x-rays a lot.
Old Feb 25th 2014, 10:40 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Much better dentists here, you get about an hour just for your checkup and clean and it's thorough to say the very least, I think you may well have more job satisfaction.
Old Feb 25th 2014, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by Howefamily
Much better dentists here, you get about an hour just for your checkup and clean and it's thorough to say the very least, I think you may well have more job satisfaction.
Hooray's-a-lot?
Old Feb 25th 2014, 11:52 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howefamily
Check up and clean is mostly done by hygenists in Ontario. Well at my place anyway. They do the clean and the numbers then the dentist comes in and has a look.

My dentist has his place set up where he moves from room to roomm. Local injection in one room. Pop next door for a drill, then another room for a local, back to you once your local has numbed you, and so on. Lots of money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.