Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hello!! Good morning ! GP moving to BC Canada

Hello!! Good morning ! GP moving to BC Canada

Old Feb 12th 2015, 1:37 am
BE Enthusiast

snoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello!! Good morning ! GP moving to BC Canada

Originally Posted by skybluepink

Snoopdawg, when do CVs get sent out by healthmatch? Is it only after the CPSBC approves you?
I think so, can't quite remember. They led us through it all and said when they would do it. Have a read at my previous post also, you can also find work separately to Healthmatch and they will still help you arrange everything. They really are good. They help with all the immigration paperwork also plus when we could apply for Permanent Residency they check all your forms for free before you send them in.
I had the same issues with JCPTGP- only I had lost my certificate in all our moves. I got a certificate from the PMETB who have taken over ( ?)- it was accepted over here.
Old Feb 12th 2015, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

skybluepink is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks I'm in touch regularly with Marg Kennedy. She's excellent. I was clearly informed re exams by Marg and also that all HA require active privileges in either hospital or long term nursing care. Nursing homes I can do! Practically an expert given the no. of geriatric patients on our list . We are nursing home Central at our surgery !!
I will certainly check out that link you kindly posted.
Thanks and have a great day!
Old Feb 12th 2015, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Gowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond repute

We too are nursing home central!
Pmetb have been taken over by gmc and surprisingly I found them very helpful at sending back a copy of my jcpgtp certificate and a pretty document detailing my GP training jobs. I also needed proof of my HO posts and that took a bit longer. Best place for that turned out to be my med school. HMBC gave me a long list of documents they and CPSBC need and physician apply needed a few. Everything has been sent away but I'm not expecting to hear much before about May. I will certainly tell them I fancy Coquitlam
I am spending a lot of time researching the aspects of life in the areas we are considering that will effect me and the family. HMBC have told me they will send out my resume as soon as the word is back from CPSBC and physician apply and as they currently have 340 GP vacancies I expect to have some interest. At least I hope so!
Just keep plugging away. Escape from the nhs is possible.
Old Feb 12th 2015, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Gowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond reputeGowest has a reputation beyond repute

Pmetb have been taken over by gmc and surprisingly I found them very helpful at sending back a copy of my jcpgtp certificate and a pretty document detailing my GP training jobs. I also needed proof of my HO posts and that took a bit longer. Best place for that turned out to be my med school. HMBC gave me a long list of documents they and CPSBC need and physician apply needed a few. Everything has been sent away but I'm not expecting to hear much before about May. I will certainly tell them I fancy Coquitlam
I am spending a lot of time researching the aspects of life in the areas we are considering that will effect me and the family. HMBC have told me they will send out my resume as soon as the word is back from CPSBC and physician apply and as they currently have 340 GP vacancies I expect to have some interest. At least I hope so!
Just keep plugging away. Escape from the nhs is possible.
Old Feb 13th 2015, 12:50 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Sooke, (South West Vancouver Island) is short of GP's which might be of interest to any GP's reading this thread.
Old Feb 13th 2015, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

Aqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to all

Come to vernon, be nice to have a family Dr here! But good luck with where ever you end up😊
Old Feb 13th 2015, 2:54 am
BE Enthusiast

snoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gowest
Nursing homes are easier here- most communication is done by fax- they take orders etc happily. Nurses both in hospital and in nursing homes are in general very good and quite independent, they take the initiative clinically. We also have an excellent NP who covers outlying NHs, I'm very impressed by her!
Old Feb 13th 2015, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

chrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond reputechrisro55 has a reputation beyond repute

Please get over here ASAP! anywhere in the lower mainland or wider BC!

350,000 British Columbians don’t have a family doctor | Globalnews.ca

Finding a decent family doctor since we arrived has been a nightmare!
Old Feb 13th 2015, 4:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

I saw them first, they are coming to coquitlam!!
Old Feb 13th 2015, 12:03 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisro55
Please get over here ASAP! anywhere in the lower mainland or wider BC!

350,000 British Columbians don’t have a family doctor | Globalnews.ca

Finding a decent family doctor since we arrived has been a nightmare!
Originally Posted by Tootlepootle
And op this is why you will always have more work than you need!
Old Feb 13th 2015, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

Aqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to allAqua is a name known to all

Now look here tootle, they are coming to Vernon and that's that!� ����
Old Feb 13th 2015, 4:27 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

The battle of the GP's

Originally Posted by Tootlepootle
Originally Posted by Aqua
Now look here tootle, they are coming to Vernon and that's that!������
Sooke! Sooke! Sooke! Forecast for 12 degrees today
Old Feb 13th 2015, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

This is somewhat of a surprise as in uk courtesy of the daily hate mail we are personae non gratis
Ok to keep everyone happy - I will consider vernon and sooke and Coquitlam - I am coming for a visit in July and to meet potential colleagues. Will keep you informed.
Old Feb 13th 2015, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

14 here, and its not raining!!
Old Feb 14th 2015, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

Beautiful sunny day 10c in Vernon and skiing at Silver Star mountain! What more could you want? Summer paddle boarding on the lakes, hiking in the mountains.......... Hmmm what to do eh? Coquitlam, Sooke? Cold, rainy, grey days all year long lol

Last edited by Aqua; Feb 14th 2015 at 2:03 am. Reason: So sunny couldn't see the screen :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.