Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hello 👋🏻 at the very beginning of our journey..

Hello 👋🏻 at the very beginning of our journey..

Old May 8th 2016, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

gracie41 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello 👋🏻 at the very beginning of our journey..

Hi all, first of all what an amazing page! So helpful.

Myself, hubby and three kids live in Scotland. Our very dear friends emigrated to Canada two years ago and loving it. We have decided we want to do the same. We think going down the route of Nominee programme is our best bet as this is possible in Manitoba. Is this a good choice or is going on work skills maybe better?

We're thinking Brandon next to them is best but obviously unsure of house prices and where's best. Iv only just started so schools and eveverything needs to be considered.

We are comfortable in Scotland both working, 5 bedroom house and getting by. We do not love where we stay, and moving area is to much hassle to end up nothing really changing. Hope that doesn't sound to silly. We want a different way of life and hoping this adventure will help us find it.

Any advice, help or experiences will be appreciated.
Old May 10th 2016, 2:25 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello 👋🏻 at the very beginning of our journey..

Welcome To BE.....the place that onward adventures start!...

Actually...just about every bit of information available in the world is up on the home bar in the Wikis...happy reading!

Every other bit of information is available from us....it's biased as we are happy, it's biased as we are unhappy...but is all 'trure'.

Go and explore, come back and ask!

Very best regards!

{snipeed}

Last edited by Siouxie; May 10th 2016 at 7:09 am. Reason: Removed your RL full name - if you want it put back, let me know :)
Old May 10th 2016, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute

Moved from Scotland myself 4 years ago...now sick of the North American 'culture' and moving back to Scotland with my Canadian GF in tow, as she's grown bored of the 'work you to death' situation we're both in, and seems to be true of much of this continent
Old May 10th 2016, 10:01 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haggis88
Moved from Scotland myself 4 years ago...now sick of the North American 'culture' and moving back to Scotland with my Canadian GF in tow, as she's grown bored of the 'work you to death' situation we're both in, and seems to be true of much of this continent
Hmmm, once again understandably you are disillusioned because of your own personal situation but don't tar everyone with the same brush- Other people are very happy living and working over here. Everything in balance, much the same sentiments on both sides of the coin in the UK, France Belgium, Timbuctoo etc
Old May 10th 2016, 10:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute

Horses for courses, however me knowing what I know now, I would never have left Scotland...

2 sides to every coin, my experience hasn't been terrible, but I'm bored of North America and want to have some free time and a life again...not going to happen here!
Old May 11th 2016, 6:09 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gracie41
Hi all, first of all what an amazing page! So helpful.

Myself, hubby and three kids live in Scotland. Our very dear friends emigrated to Canada two years ago and loving it. We have decided we want to do the same. We think going down the route of Nominee programme is our best bet as this is possible in Manitoba. Is this a good choice or is going on work skills maybe better?

We're thinking Brandon next to them is best but obviously unsure of house prices and where's best. Iv only just started so schools and eveverything needs to be considered.

We are comfortable in Scotland both working, 5 bedroom house and getting by. We do not love where we stay, and moving area is to much hassle to end up nothing really changing. Hope that doesn't sound to silly. We want a different way of life and hoping this adventure will help us find it.

Any advice, help or experiences will be appreciated.
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your adventure.
Old May 12th 2016, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by haggis88
I'm sorry to hear it's not been for you, thank you for taking the time out to reply. Can I ask what it is you do for a living?

Good luck on your return home
Old May 12th 2016, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for the warm welcome and advice so far x