heeeeelp!!!!!

Old Oct 25th 2001, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

claud is an unknown quantity at this point

heeelp!! i am based in the uk and have gone and applied for canadian immigration, which has cost me around £2000 !!! what i am thinking is: what are the chances of employment there, what with the recent events in the USA, etc?
should i have waited a couple of years?
are there companies in ontario still hiring yet? i am an engineer of long-standing(???) and should get in ok- i gained more than enough points on the questionaire, but as i have kids ranging from 7 years to 14 years old, i am a bit hesitant now, but the money has gone now and the application is in.......!!!! any advice will be helpful!
Old Oct 25th 2001, 6:39 pm
Jim Humphries

I think you should consider visitng Canada and checking out the labour scene for
yourself. Obviously there are fewer jobs available now than pre- September 11.
Jim Humphries

claud wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 26th 2001, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

thanks for your advice, jim!
yep, i have already explored that avenue many times, having been to toronto many times, but as you say, this was pre-sep 11th! are based in canada at all, and if so, what do you think of the employment scene right about now, please?
(ps and i request anybody else based in canada to let me have some advice along these lines, too, please!)
Old Oct 26th 2001, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

thanks for your advice, jim!
yep, i have already explored that avenue many times, having been to toronto many times, but as you say, this was pre-sep 11th! are you based in canada at all, and if so, what do you think of the employment scene right about now, please?
(ps and i request anybody else based in canada to let me have some advice along these lines, too, please!)