Reload this Page >

Health Insurance

Health Insurance

Old Oct 17th 2004, 2:09 pm
Ay-Im from Blackburn me

royyboy will become famous soon enough
Default Health Insurance

Hiya Guys.
I have a question...after 90 days here, im covered by normal helath coverage in Canada9 nhs equivelent, right?)
However, my travel insurance runs out today, and i need insurance to get me upto the 90 days...
Anyone got any ideas????
I been looking, but its all confusing, and trying to sell me stuff i dont need...if i get ill or knocked over (high probability, everyones on wrong side of road) i want it paid for the ambulance and hospy treatment, thassit-dont need all the extra stuff...
HEEEEEEEEELP
Cheeers guys
Old Oct 17th 2004, 2:17 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health Insurance

There are some names and numbers here...

http://www.settlement.org/sys/faqs_d...faq_id=4000329

Be carefull about what you think you need / dont need, If you have a car crash and during the Xrays they find something more serious that requires a lot of expensive drugs you may end up screwed. If your existing short term policy doesnt cover it, then as a "pre existing" condition you will have major problems getting anyone else to cover it later. Health insurance is one area I would not recommend trying to save a few dollars on.

Of the 4 listed at settlement.org a few people have posted here that Trent has been good, but I havent tried them myself.

Iain

Originally Posted by royyboy
Hiya Guys.
I have a question...after 90 days here, im covered by normal helath coverage in Canada9 nhs equivelent, right?)
However, my travel insurance runs out today, and i need insurance to get me upto the 90 days...
Anyone got any ideas????
I been looking, but its all confusing, and trying to sell me stuff i dont need...if i get ill or knocked over (high probability, everyones on wrong side of road) i want it paid for the ambulance and hospy treatment, thassit-dont need all the extra stuff...
HEEEEEEEEELP
Cheeers guys
Old Oct 17th 2004, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

wizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud ofwizzard has much to be proud of

www.canadasure.com

www.bluecross.ca
Old Oct 18th 2004, 3:17 pm
Ay-Im from Blackburn me

Cheers for that guys, sorted now, thanx to your info.
Old Oct 18th 2004, 3:24 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

If its not confidential info, who did you get it from, and how much did it cost? Just curious.

Iain
Old Oct 18th 2004, 3:31 pm
Ay-Im from Blackburn me

Ello matey
nah, aint confidential...
went with Canada Life, got 90 days cover (till ohip kicks in) this is upto $150k (other expenses, ambulance etc) and is unforeseen accidental cover. Basically, its everything other than me booking an appointment at docs..i get hurt/injured/fall ill. its all covered, including hospital fees to $250k, and prescription drugs upto $3k. Dental is also included, fully, so if i slip on ice and break all me teeth, its covered. Im also covered if i lose contact lenses or break glasses (luckily neither apply, but nice to have anyway)
Whole caboodle cost me $156.04
Nobbad huh-wasnt the cheapest quote, but it had most for the money.
Instant cover too.
Old Oct 18th 2004, 5:37 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

$156.04
Each, I assume?
Old Oct 18th 2004, 5:42 pm
Ay-Im from Blackburn me

each as in per person, yes. BUT its only for me, as im not covered by canadian health (uk-nhs) for the first 90 days.
Julia is already covered by being a national.
$156, about 65 quid, for 90 days, and thats with all that stuff...nobbad
Best sort yours out soon dood, your next here aintcha?
Old Oct 18th 2004, 5:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

...if i get ill or knocked over (high probability, everyones on wrong side of road)
You've been drinking again?
Old Oct 18th 2004, 6:07 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

Julia is already covered by being a national.
Are you absolutely sure of that? I was fairly certain (but less so now!) that returning citizens (such as Mrs Rhodes), and citizens who have never lived there (such as my children) did not receive health care for the first 90 days. Certainly worth checking.

Best sort yours out soon dood, your next here aintcha?
I do hope so. I have my visa now, so once the house is sold, we'll be on our way. That will be by the end of next month, I hope!

Last edited by Rhodes; Oct 18th 2004 at 6:07 pm. Reason: typos, as ever
Old Oct 18th 2004, 6:14 pm
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by Rhodes
I do hope so. I have my visa now, so once the house is sold, we'll be on our way. That will be by the end of next month, I hope!
I've forgotten, where in Canada are you headed?

Old Oct 18th 2004, 6:38 pm
Once bemused

We'll be staying with my in-laws in Brampton, Ontario, until we get settled and find jobs. Our intention is to settle somewhere around there.

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
I've forgotten, where in Canada are you headed?
Old Oct 19th 2004, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Virgosah is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you absolutely sure of that? I was fairly certain (but less so now!) that returning citizens (such as Mrs Rhodes), and citizens who have never lived there (such as my children) did not receive health care for the first 90 days. Certainly worth checking.

Hi Rhodes,

I was under the same assumption as you - that returning residents are not covered by provincial health care for the first 90 days. When we return I am going to get private cover (I am a Canadian citizen, but returning resident)

Virgosah
Old Oct 19th 2004, 6:59 pm
Ay-Im from Blackburn me

Nah, checked it mate, she was covered upon touchdown....never "officially" went away, she was on a working holidaymaker for 18 months...
Old Oct 19th 2004, 7:17 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Nah, checked it mate, she was covered upon touchdown....never "officially" went away, she was on a working holidaymaker for 18 months...
Well I hope she was paying the appropriate taxes on her foreign income then if she never declared herself officialy non resident

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.