Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Have you found H&R Block to be up to the job?

Have you found H&R Block to be up to the job?

Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

lee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nicelee58uk is just really nice
Default Re: Have you found H&R Block to be up to the job?

I went to H&R block, for my first years tax return, and was told it will take 4 - 6 months to get a cheque, as it is the first tax return. has anyone else been told this???
Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:29 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lee58uk
I went to H&R block, for my first years tax return, and was told it will take 4 - 6 months to get a cheque, as it is the first tax return. has anyone else been told this???
We was told afew wks?? And so far its been 4 wks and waiting.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Sockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant futureSockdogg has a brilliant future

It's our first year here and I was hoping to do an electronic tax return with QuickTax but if its your first year dont you have to file a paper return?
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:54 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zmartin
I only worked last year from 10th December and my husband worked for even less time than that. Will we still need to do a tax return for this year?
Yes. You are likely due a refund and you won't get it if you don't file a tax return.

Also I've got investments in the UK that I don't get any income from, does it all need to be declared as this point?

Zoe M. x
If they are worth more than $100,000 then yes, you do have to declare them.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:55 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lee58uk
That is rubbish. It does take longer the first time you file but 1-2 months is normal.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:57 pm
Binned by Muderators

Originally Posted by Sockdogg
It's our first year here and I was hoping to do an electronic tax return with QuickTax but if its your first year dont you have to file a paper return?
Yes, your first return must be on paper unless you use a tax preparer, such as an accountant, who has access to the E-file system.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:29 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sockdogg
It was our first yr and Liberty Tax had to do it by hand and post it through. Apparently the computer rejected us