British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Haskew Law ?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/haskew-law-902718/)

Alex_electrician Aug 31st 2017 1:16 pm

Haskew Law ??

https://haskewlaw.com

Recently did an online eligibility questionnaire with Haskew Law after discovering their website. Spoke to a guy Jack based in U.K who would deal with my case seemed nice chap. Just wondered if any of you have either used them or have heard any positive or negative comments about them.
Thanks

christmasoompa Aug 31st 2017 6:54 pm

Re: Haskew Law ??

Not heard of them, but given the mistakes on their websites about the Canadian immigration system, I'd steer clear personally. I also can't find any mention on their website of an ICCRC number etc, which they are required to display if giving immi advice. But maybe it's hidden somewhere!

Do you really need a consultant/lawyer? Do you have complicated circumstances? If not, I'd just use BE and save yourself the money personally.

Alex_electrician Aug 31st 2017 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12328858)
Not heard of them, but given the mistakes on their websites about the Canadian immigration system, I'd steer clear personally. I also can't find any mention on their website of an ICCRC number etc, which they are required to display if giving immi advice. But maybe it's hidden somewhere!

Do you really need a consultant/lawyer? Do you have complicated circumstances? If not, I'd just use BE and save yourself the money personally.

I guess not no, just didn't want to make any mistakes and jeopardise my application. What does BE stand for ?

Stinkypup Aug 31st 2017 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Alex_electrician (Post 12328874)
I guess not no, just didn't want to make any mistakes and jeopardise my application. What does BE stand for ?

Have a look at the top of your page on the computer screen - there is a clue in there somewhere ;)

Aviator Aug 31st 2017 7:57 pm

This on their website would be alarming '74% of our clients would refer a friend', so 26% of their clients would not refer them, seems pretty high to me. I guess one way to turn a negative into a positive!

Seems to be awful lot of comments/questions that seem to be unanswered on their website too.

Alex_electrician Aug 31st 2017 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by Stinkypup (Post 12328890)
Have a look at the top of your page on the computer screen - there is a clue in there somewhere ;)

🙈

Vulcanoid Sep 1st 2017 9:47 pm

£12 extra fee to apply for an eTA (which they don't know isn't a visa)?! £420 to enter the (FREE) IEC pool?!?! What they need is sternly worded comments on their business practices, not additional clients!

Former Lancastrian Sep 1st 2017 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid (Post 12329625)
£12 extra fee to apply for an eTA (which they don't know isn't a visa)?! £420 to enter the (FREE) IEC pool?!?! What they need is sternly worded comments on their business practices, not additional clients!

Im shocked that you just might be insinuating that lawyers charge extortionate fees;)

Vulcanoid Sep 1st 2017 10:21 pm

Haha - well, extortionate fees when they're actually *doing* something is one thing ;)

Shakyuk Sep 4th 2017 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Vulcanoid (Post 12329625)
£420 to enter the (FREE) IEC pool?!?!

It takes longer to make a pot noodle than it does to apply for IEC. That price is insane! Especially since if you don't get chosen then I guess it'll be another 420 next year!

lindamchugh Sep 5th 2017 3:58 pm

NO NEED FOR YOU TO USE ANYONE. Waste of money. Just be diligent study the application cross the t's and dot the i's and check it 50 times and you will be good !

lindamchugh Sep 5th 2017 3:59 pm

shakyuk now I am in the mood for a pot noodle not had one in 4 years

Shakyuk Sep 6th 2017 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by lindamchugh (Post 12331719)
shakyuk now I am in the mood for a pot noodle not had one in 4 years

LOL it's been longer than that for me!