Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

has anyone used pickfords or gb liners

has anyone used pickfords or gb liners

Old Dec 23rd 2011, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

RKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant futureRKS_in_Calgary has a brilliant future
Default Re: has anyone used pickfords or gb liners

Contrary to others, we used Pickfords 1.5 years ago to move to Canada and they were fine - great service in UK, excellent packers, slightly lower service here in Canada (we had to chase them for updates as their tracking website didnt work for us) but all but one item arrived safely
Old Dec 24th 2011, 2:39 am
Lovin it!

manningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to all

Used GB Liners last May they were great no breakages - job very well done I didnt do a thing...
Old Dec 24th 2011, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

PeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond reputePeterF has a reputation beyond repute

We used GB Liners in 2007, London, UK to Waterloo, Ontario.

They were very good.
Old Dec 24th 2011, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

lindabey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
When are you planning on moving? If its early in the year - Jan, Feb or march then you will have negotiating power. These are very quiet months for a lot of international movers.
thanks for that advice . i imagine time house has gone through it will be middle of february. merry xmas
Old Dec 24th 2011, 9:08 pm
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute

We've used GB Liners (Leeds depot) twice - five years ago and just this last September. Both times we packed our own boxes, took the stuff to their warehouse and picked it up from their receiver's warehouse on this side. Our stuff was mostly clothes, flatpack furniture and books but we had no breakages (crockery etc) or nasty surprises. Good on notifications for arrival of shipments. Prices seemed reasonable (September was a rush job so we didn't shop around for quotes) for a shared container shipment on both occasions. We'll use them again.

Edit OH (who has had many dealings with customs and carnets) adds: they were also very helpful and provided useful and correct advice on customs processes etc.

Last edited by acer rose; Dec 24th 2011 at 9:12 pm. Reason: OH reading over shoulder
Old Dec 24th 2011, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Maria_747 will become famous soon enoughMaria_747 will become famous soon enough

I used GB liners from London to toronto. They were brilliant. |A little pricey but, the service was very good.
Old Dec 24th 2011, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of

We used the Manchester depot of GB Liners in 2007. They weren't the cheapest but were the most helpful. Great team who came to pack. Our stuff went into storage with them for a few weeks and was then shipped to Calgary. There were no breakages and we shipped absolutely everything. Would definitely recommend them.
Old Dec 26th 2011, 2:37 am
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

Used pickfords and they were great, two guys to start then two more to finish, packed it all up and told me when I was getting near my paid for limit. I had to make some hard choices about what to leave behind, and being on my own with the kids wasn't easy! I'd also strongly recommend you don't do it the day before you fly, it was too much and I was exhausted before I even began the flight/dog transit etc.
If I ever do it again I won't be doing it alone! And won't be doing it within 3 days if flying.
Wait to see how they perform with delivering at our end...
Old Dec 26th 2011, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

lcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of light

We used Pickfords for the move from Wales to Ontario earlier this year.
Three packers packed efficiently and politely the Wales end, and the container was shipped on schedule.
It arrived ahead of schedule in Toronto, which caused a slight problem as we didn't yet have a house to move it to. We were charged for the week or so delay in Toronto, before we could arrange delivery.
In hindsight, I would have taken the (free) UK storage we were offered, and shipped a little later.
We were advised by the Pickfords staff to leave certain items (chain saw, trampoline, various garden tools) which I wish we had taken - we had spare room on the container, and we would not have been charged any extra.
Delivery at the Ontario end was done by a local partner, and was on time and efficient.
The price wasn't cheap, but also wasn't the most expensive we were quoted - the GB Liners quote was higher.
I was pleased with the Pickfords service, and would recommend them for moves to Ontario.