Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

has anyone used pickfords or gb liners

has anyone used pickfords or gb liners

Old Dec 22nd 2011, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

lindabey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default has anyone used pickfords or gb liners

Got both these companies coming in the new year to quote . Has anyone got any experience with either and who would you recommend.
Thank you for your help and advice in advance
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 4:06 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: has anyone used pickfords or gb liners

I used Pickfords once for a move within the UK. They sucked. I used GB liners to move a container to Canada, they were great. Both instances were over 7 years ago. Your mileage may vary.
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Have trawled through many a thread about removal companies and GB Liners is the only one I can see that hasn't had a bad write up.

We are going with them for that reason...
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass
Have trawled through many a thread about removal companies and GB Liners is the only one I can see that hasn't had a bad write up.

ok thanks
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 5:33 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
I used Pickfords once for a move within the UK. They sucked. I used GB liners to move a container to Canada, they were great. Both instances were over 7 years ago. Your mileage may vary.
I used Pickfords for a move in the UK and it was fine.

I used Pickfords for a move to Canada and they sucked. They packed badly, and broke some stuff. They didn't even manage to load all the stuff on the container, and 8 months later after they'd found it I had to go into customs in Vancouver and explain the screw up. They weren't impressed at my story but fortunately didn't charge me any duty.
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alan2005
I used Pickfords for a move in the UK and it was fine.

I used Pickfords for a move to Canada and they sucked. They packed badly, and broke some stuff. They didn't even manage to load all the stuff on the container, and 8 months later after they'd found it I had to go into customs in Vancouver and explain the screw up. They weren't impressed at my story but fortunately didn't charge me any duty.
thank you for your advice
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

big ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nice

Hi
We used GB Liner ( bradford depot) and what a great job they did We had a full pack job,you name it they packed it even the lawnmower.The guys could not have been nicer.It was loaded on the 29 Nov into the container and straight to the docks.It has now arrived in Toronto at BRYTORS depot .We are flying out on the 26th Dec I am going to the customs on the 28th Dec and they say they can deliver it to my own storage unit on the 30th Dec.Four weeks seems pretty good to me.I had 5 quotes Excess Baggage.Pickfords,Brittania.GB Liners & Fox.GB Liners was not the cheapest but a little bit of negotiating and we came to a deal.Have yet to see what condition the goods are in but will report back later .
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by big ron
Hi
We used GB Liner ( bradford depot) and what a great job they did We had a full pack job,you name it they packed it even the lawnmower.The guys could not have been nicer.It was loaded on the 29 Nov into the container and straight to the docks.It has now arrived in Toronto at BRYTORS depot .We are flying out on the 26th Dec I am going to the customs on the 28th Dec and they say they can deliver it to my own storage unit on the 30th Dec.Four weeks seems pretty good to me.I had 5 quotes Excess Baggage.Pickfords,Brittania.GB Liners & Fox.GB Liners was not the cheapest but a little bit of negotiating and we came to a deal.Have yet to see what condition the goods are in but will report back later .
Many thanks for your answer . gonna get quote off both and think i probably go for gb liners anyway . cheers
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

nativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to behold

We had a quote from GB liners. It was quite a lot higher than some of the others but they were very eager to negotiate - they gave us 3 prices in the end but they still didn't match the company we used. Worth bearing in mind and doing a bit of bargaining with them.
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

Used GB Liners for our move last August from Yorkshire to Manitoba. They weren't the cheapest but we went on there reputation on this site plus the guy who gave the quote was the most professional. We were not dissapointed. They were excellent. Would recommend.
Good luck
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 11:27 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass

Good choice
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by big ron
Hi
I am going in tomorrow to have a rummage through it

Only joking

Have a safe flight, give me a call, I am at home all day now.

Merry Christmas to you both.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 12:35 am
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lindabey
Got both these companies coming in the new year to quote . Has anyone got any experience with either and who would you recommend.
Thank you for your help and advice in advance
We used Pickfords, coming to Canada from the midlands 5 yrs ago. Horrible experience. Much more expensive than other quotes, but we used them because of their reputation, and the cost was being born by my husband's employer. They didn't allow enough time for packing and ended up completely chaotic. While the stuff was en route they gave misleading information about where it was and when it would arrive. At one point they lost our address and claimed they could not contact us. Stuff arrived with a lot broken. The cock-ups all appeared to be at UK end. Never again.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Editha
We used Pickfords, coming to Canada from the midlands 5 yrs ago. Horrible experience. Much more expensive than other quotes, but we used them because of their reputation, and the cost was being born by my husband's employer. They didn't allow enough time for packing and ended up completely chaotic. While the stuff was en route they gave misleading information about where it was and when it would arrive. At one point they lost our address and claimed they could not contact us. Stuff arrived with a lot broken. The cock-ups all appeared to be at UK end. Never again.
thank you for all your help think ive had my mind made up but think i get both in to quote and then negotiate with gb liner on their price. merry xmas
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by lindabey
thank you for all your help think ive had my mind made up but think i get both in to quote and then negotiate with gb liner on their price. merry xmas
When are you planning on moving? If its early in the year - Jan, Feb or march then you will have negotiating power. These are very quiet months for a lot of international movers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.