Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Has anyone used Excess-Baggage.com for shipping to Canada?

Has anyone used Excess-Baggage.com for shipping to Canada?

Old Sep 6th 2011, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

Maple18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has anyone used Excess-Baggage.com for shipping to Canada?

Hi there,

As I do not have lots of stuff to move to Canada, I got a quote from www.excess-baggage.com which is very attractive. But, I'm not too sure about the service of this company.

Has anyone used them before? Any comment on their service?

Thanks.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

La_de_da_de_dum is just really niceLa_de_da_de_dum is just really niceLa_de_da_de_dum is just really niceLa_de_da_de_dum is just really niceLa_de_da_de_dum is just really niceLa_de_da_de_dum is just really niceLa_de_da_de_dum is just really niceLa_de_da_de_dum is just really nice
Smile Re: Has anyone used Excess-Baggage.com for shipping to Canada?

Hi there,

Yes we used them when shipped over our things we looked on here and read loads posts on shipping companies both good and bad!!

But decided to go with them as we did not have many items to ship just books, clothes, pics etc.

I found their service to be amazing, they were always friendly and very helpful when ever we called to amend our shipment.

We placed our order for the boxes on a Tuesday and they were at our door step on the Wednesday morning!!!

It only cost us 230.00 to ship 3 boxes which I found quite decent, from the collection of our boxes to the boxes arriving in Toronto everything ran smoothly and there were no hidden charges!!!

The company who handles the boxes in Canada were also very helpful as our boxes arrived two weeks before we landed and I was scared we were going to get charged holding charges.

I called the agents and spoke to a really lovely lady called Cindy and she assured me that I would not get charged as the company holds boxes for 2 weeks free of charge!!!

So yes, I would recommend them as I experienced great service with them!!

Hope that helps
Old Sep 6th 2011, 8:33 pm
Job Hunting in Ottawa

sheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Has anyone used Excess-Baggage.com for shipping to Canada?

we used them too. for about 12 boxes and thre guitars it cost us about £800. but most of those boxes were books and other heavy items. they were great. I have zero complaints about the process.

as stated above the boxes arrived quickly too. we had plenty of time to pack up the items and somebody came to collect them. we received notification not long after we got to canada, and provided you have completed all the forms fully, you'll have no problem collecting the boxes...just don't expect it to be quick when dealing with canadian customs officers though they did offer to load the entire pallet into our truck to save us unloading and reloading.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Little D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud of

We used them. Can't remember how much they charged, but the service was great!
Old Sep 7th 2011, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Little D
We used them. Can't remember how much they charged, but the service was great!
Really good service. Go sea freight and weight matters nothing, it's about cubic footage in space. Take everything too! We sold lots of stuff that we'd wished we'd taken i.e. Kitchen materials.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 9:47 am
Just Joined

Thanks to all for the reply.

Will seriously consider taking them.

Now need to start packing and really excited for our move.

Cheers!
Old Sep 8th 2011, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Canuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of light

We used them and have no faults. The company in Canada were amazing. Everything arrived in one piece and I would highly recommend them. Best for price for us and the best service. We took 30 boxes and with insurance the cost was about 900/1000 GBP.
Old Sep 8th 2011, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

rach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud of

We used them and found them to be very good. One word of caution though - we needed more boxes once we started packing, and they charged us quite a bit to send more empty boxes to the house.

So make sure you order more boxes than you think you will need, to avoid extra fees!!
Old Sep 8th 2011, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

loety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really nice

Hi Canuck2b,

Did you use air or sea when shipping with excess-baggage?Which size boxes did you use ,was it Tea chest?
We are moving to Victoria in January .I have been looking around for quotes but the price you paid for 30 boxes is very reasonable.
Thank you.
Loetitia
Old Sep 8th 2011, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of light

We used our own boxes so not sure how much it would cost to use theirs. I bought a pack off ebay really cheap.

We used sea shipping which was transferred by train in Montreal then picked up by a local delivery company and we met them in Nanaimo customs to sign paperwork......Then they followed us home! The guys were lovely and offered to stay until we had a look in the boxes to make sure it was all okay. They explained all the paperwork and showed us what to do if there were any issues.

Ours did leave the UK a couple of weeks later than expected but that was due to the container not being full enough to leave and someone else cancelling making more space to fill. Something we knew could happen anyway. The paperwork was so easy to complete and they helped loads whenever I called with daft questions!! I can dig out the paperwork if you have any queries about them and/or the name of the local company they hooked up with cause they deliver throughout BC.
Old Sep 8th 2011, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

loety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really niceloety is just really nice

Thank you for the info
Old Sep 8th 2011, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Mhut is a jewel in the roughMhut is a jewel in the roughMhut is a jewel in the roughMhut is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by loety
Hi Canuck2b,

Did you use air or sea when shipping with excess-baggage?Which size boxes did you use ,was it Tea chest?
We are moving to Victoria in January .I have been looking around for quotes but the price you paid for 30 boxes is very reasonable.
Thank you.
Loetitia
Hi Loety,

I got a quote from them about a month ago and am sure all packaging material is provided free of charge

Confirm with them as I specifically asked about boxes and bubble wrap etc and they said they provide it free of charge.

Mhut
Old Sep 8th 2011, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Mhut,
Thank you for your reply.I just checked their website and you are right they provide all boxes free of charge
Loety
Old Sep 9th 2011, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by loety
Hi Mhut,
Thank you for your reply.I just checked their website and you are right they provide all boxes free of charge
Loety
Ah I didnt realise!!! We had already packed our boxes and were waiting for a date of departure! That is even better then!
Old Sep 12th 2011, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

Can anyone advise whether the boxes will be delivered to your door step.
I mean if you live on 5th floor for eg, will they deliver it to the 5th floor or would they just leave it on the ground floor?

I'm a bit concern because I may be sending quite a lot of boxes.

Anyone experiene this?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.