Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Has anyone used Canadain Affair Airlines??

Has anyone used Canadain Affair Airlines??

Old Apr 12th 2008, 8:47 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Has anyone used Canadain Affair Airlines??

We used Canadian Affair in September, with air transat on the way out and my travel on the way back. We prebooked seats for £10 extra each but their computers were down so these weren't honoured which was disappointing. The staff were friendly and very helpful, we were given 2 meals and free water. there were back seat tvs on the way out and isle tvs on the way back, which isn't idel for the kids.Its half the price of zoom currently on the dates we want nd next time we will pay the extra for premium economy, I would recommend them and use them again.
Terese
Old Apr 12th 2008, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Karen1203 has a spectacular aura aboutKaren1203 has a spectacular aura aboutKaren1203 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Twink001
........ Has anyone used this airline?........ if so, what did you think??

Any thoughts and/or opinions would be helpful..

Thanx......
I have used Canadian Affair (as Blink says they are an agent for Air Transat and Thomas Cook) on a number of occasions, and also flown my daughter out here with them. I have found them and Zoom to be the best value for money and have had no cause for complaint.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

lynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Beastie
Not sure how old the children are but if they're young make sure they have plenty to help keep them amused and you relatively sane If I'm teaching you to suck eggs I apologise but try buying small pressies for them to open during the journey. You can spend as much or as little as you want - pack of cards, magnetic board game, cars, dolls the list is endless and doesn't need to break the bank. Wrap pressies and put them in a designated rucksack and watch their faces light up as they have something new to "play with" each half hour/hour of the journey.

Lynne

I used to do exactly the same on our trips to France! I'd buy bits and bobs from the Pound shop but now mine are older they have their DS nintendos which are a god send on long journeys. But sadly for us the journey to Gatwick is far longer than the flight to Halifax!!
Lynda
Old Apr 12th 2008, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Doomed to be stuck in the West Midlands forever!!!!
Twink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to all

The journey to Gatwick will be a long one for us 2!

Thanx for info

Sue
Old Apr 12th 2008, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Lee-on-the-Solent, Hampshire, UK...soon a new life in Canada ;o)
amberdayz is on a distinguished road

We're going to be using them not booked the flights yet, but checking every day to make sure that there's seat availability (which at the moment there's plenty ) and a bonus, the price has already come down £50 since the 1st time that I looked smashing
Old Apr 12th 2008, 2:01 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

We flew air tranasatt last sept via Canadian Affair and they were fine
Old Apr 16th 2008, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

dannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to alldannyg1001 is a name known to all

I must have booked through Canadian affair about 15-20 times now, I've never had any problems at all. In fact, the only time i had major delays was when I flew with Air Canada.

For the record, a friend of mine recently came out to visit and use Zoom, and he says he will never use them again. I cant really say as i've never used them.

Canadian Affair are great though!!!!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 3:06 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Be aware that not all Air Transat flights are on Air Transat planes. Some AT flights to the UK are code shares. If the flight code starts with an 8, you could find yourself on a Thomas Cook plane.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I used them twice last year and they were great. You have to watch out that you are on an actual Canadian Affair flight (as theysometimes include the Air Transat ones) the only thing is is that upgrade and excess baggage are dearer on a CA flight than on an Air Transat flight. Last year it was GBP6 per kilo for CA and GBP 3 per kilo.

No probs flights on time no delays and great service

Gaynor
Old Apr 17th 2008, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

MarkandShirl is an unknown quantity at this point

We used them once last year and were not impressed! We usually fly with zoom but couldnt get a flight on the day we wanted.

Yes they are an agency, we had an air transat flight out, which was ok (canadian crew), which was reasonable friendly efficient etc. However flying back we had a thomas cook flight (british crew) which was useless! flight was delayed by 8 hours (ok this happens) but cabin crew were unfriendly, unhelpful, plane was shabby food was awful, i can go on.....

Next time we went back to zoom, and id never go with anyone else now!!!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to allTwink001 is a name known to all

Well, thanks to everyone for your views both good and bad! Hubby and I, will take a look at Zoom and Canadian Affair.

Thanx once again
Old Apr 21st 2008, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

McNicoll family is an unknown quantity at this point

Would just like to add to this thread and say that we were booked to fly from Glasgow to Calgary on the 11th June through Canadian Affair on a Thomas cook flight but they have just informed us that the flights have been cancelled and we now have to go from Gatwic, meaning a flight from Aberdeen to Gatwick (which they are paying for!) and a 4 hour wait at Gatwick with 2 children, so instead of getting to Calgary at 10am we now don't get there until 5pm. :curse:

I am not happy at all, I have had to cancel airport parking, hotels and re book hotel for the first night, an inconvenience to say the least!

I am actually beginning to think this trip is cursed! 2 weeks ago our youngest broke his femur, will be ok to go though! then the people we were staying with for our 2nd week told us that no we can't stay there now, and then the flights thing, what next??!!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by McNicoll family
Would just like to add to this thread and say that we were booked to fly from Glasgow to Calgary on the 11th June through Canadian Affair on a Thomas cook flight but they have just informed us that the flights have been cancelled and we now have to go from Gatwic, meaning a flight from Aberdeen to Gatwick (which they are paying for!) and a 4 hour wait at Gatwick with 2 children, so instead of getting to Calgary at 10am we now don't get there until 5pm. :curse:

I am not happy at all, I have had to cancel airport parking, hotels and re book hotel for the first night, an inconvenience to say the least!

I am actually beginning to think this trip is cursed! 2 weeks ago our youngest broke his femur, will be ok to go though! then the people we were staying with for our 2nd week told us that no we can't stay there now, and then the flights thing, what next??!!

Wow. your having a "run" of bad luck!

Thanx for your veiws, did you shop around first before you booked with them?
I have 2 young children 2, so I know how you feel !!

Sue....
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

McNicoll family is an unknown quantity at this point

Sue,

Yes we did shop around and they were the cheapest going direct from Glasgow to Calgary when we booked.

Still the one silver lining on the cloud is there are more shops in Gatwick!!

Just got to sort out the wheelchair for the youngest now as we need to take one with us as he won't be able to walk long distances for a while.

Good luck with your trip!

Sandra
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Snave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by McNicoll family

Just a thought - can he sit on an aircraft for 8 hours with his leg in plaster? They won't allow him to sit by an overwing exit door if he's too young...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.