Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Has anyone used ATB bank

Has anyone used ATB bank

Old Sep 8th 2006, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

HeatherandTim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has anyone used ATB bank

I am going to work in Jasper for 6 months and will need to open an account for my salary to be debited into. Has anyone used ATB bank account and if so is it easy to open an account. Or can anyone help me with what might be a good bank to deal with bearing in mind that I will be in Jasper. I only have one afternoon in afternoon in Calgary spare in which to open an account but ATB are offering a free phone which I will need. Should I go with ATB for the phone or is that a bad idea.
Friend of Heather and Tim
Old Sep 8th 2006, 8:03 pm
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Has anyone used ATB bank

Originally Posted by HeatherandTim
I am going to work in Jasper for 6 months and will need to open an account for my salary to be debited into. Has anyone used ATB bank account and if so is it easy to open an account. Or can anyone help me with what might be a good bank to deal with bearing in mind that I will be in Jasper. I only have one afternoon in afternoon in Calgary spare in which to open an account but ATB are offering a free phone which I will need. Should I go with ATB for the phone or is that a bad idea.
My only comment about ATB is '"no comment"
Old Sep 8th 2006, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

matts_99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I am in Canada on a student visa/work permit and have found ATB to be really good. Their telephone banking is fantastic- you actually get to speak to a human being straight away- and my account has the best deal of any I could find. The only issue is the number of their ATM machines, especially outside of the province. However I have found them much more helpful then the national banks I spoke to.
Old Sep 9th 2006, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We were over in Alberta in August when my hubby got his job offer. Maybe we have a bit of a biased idea as my cousin works for ATB but he just made an appointment and opened a savings account. He had to show his passport annd driving licence - but you have to do that at banks in the uk.

All in all it took about half hour tops to complete everything with a clerk. Got a cash card there and then and it was activated the following day. As this will be the account he starts out with in Canada he checked a few things out.

* We can transfer funds from the uk into that ie money for him for when he lands.

* Offers online banking.

* Restricted to one free withdrawal per week.

* It can be converted to any type of account without having to change the account number, add anyone on the account - unlike the uk where if you change any name on the account then the account number in the uk gets changed and cocks up all of your standing orders.

Only problem we had was activating card but the girls at the branch we just so helpful and apologetic and sorted a new card straightaway - again that was a card there in our hand !!

Hope this helps you

Gaynor