Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Has anyone had forms sent back from Alberta Apprenticeship Board?

Has anyone had forms sent back from Alberta Apprenticeship Board?

Old Feb 22nd 2012, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

markss is just really nicemarkss is just really nicemarkss is just really nicemarkss is just really nicemarkss is just really nicemarkss is just really nicemarkss is just really nicemarkss is just really nice
Default Has anyone had forms sent back from Alberta Apprenticeship Board?

I sent credentials to get checked so I can sit red seal exam when arriving in canada. I am a qualified HGV Mechanic and have 22 years experience.

I contacted tradesecrets (Alberta) to see why it was taking so long and was told that we had not given all the information needed. I am sure I filled it out correctly. Has anyone been in this situation and what should I make sure I have filled out on the form. They have sent them by post last Friday back to me, credit card was not charged.

Thanks
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

justme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nice
Default Re: Has anyone had forms sent back from Alberta Apprenticeship Board?

Originally Posted by markss
I sent credentials to get checked so I can sit red seal exam when arriving in canada. I am a qualified HGV Mechanic and have 22 years experience.

I contacted tradesecrets (Alberta) to see why it was taking so long and was told that we had not given all the information needed. I am sure I filled it out correctly. Has anyone been in this situation and what should I make sure I have filled out on the form. They have sent them by post last Friday back to me, credit card was not charged.

Thanks
We contacted them after a few weeks because we hadn't heard anything and were told we hadn't included a copy of hubbys passport we were able to scan it and email it over. Ask them what is missing. It took over 3 weeks for our approval letter to get to us, so it might take a while before you get your forms back. Do you have an LMO?
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

markss is just really nicemarkss is just really nicemarkss is just really nicemarkss is just really nicemarkss is just really nicemarkss is just really nicemarkss is just really nicemarkss is just really nice

No we have PR. Hope we get all this sorted as we leave may 19th. So frustraing why they cant tell you over the phone or email and we could have sent new forms. All the lady said were a few bits missing on the form, but had no note on her screen to say what.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

justme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nicejustme31170 is just really nice

No we have PR. Hope we get all this sorted as we leave may 19th. So frustraing why they cant tell you over the phone or email and we could have sent new forms. All the lady said were a few bits missing on the form, but had no note on her screen to say what.
Ah ok, congrats on the PR. My hubby is also an HGV mechanic but we are still waiting for a positive LMO.

I agree it is very frustrating. There is a girl in the Calgary office called Carmen Andrews, she's very helpful. Maybe you could call her and ask what was missing.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

Good luck with all that, where are you moving to? If you dont mind me asking how comes you didnt go for PR?
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Good luck with all that, where are you moving to? If you dont mind me asking how comes you didnt go for PR?
We are going to Calgary but dont plan on staying, hence the LMO. We're gonna spend some time with family and do something different
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

merylbaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Markss, my husband is in the same trade as you and got about the same amount of experiance, he has applied for PR as I have been approved as a sponsor, we are hoping it will come through about summertime. As we are having a recce trip at Easter he has been in touch with a firm in Calgary who he knows want hgv mechnics but because he isn't going down the LMO route they won't hold a job for him.
Have you got a job out there or are you waiting till you move. As we have got kids we would like to have something in place before we come out.
He has just downloaded the forms for the appenticeship board. But will hold off filling them out for a while,
Thanks and good luck with your forms
Old Feb 26th 2012, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

fireranger4 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys

I sent my forms to AIT on the 22nd of december the arrived 10 days later at the tart of the new year, i got an email from them few days later from the girl who was looking after my application. The email said i never filled everrything in on one of the sheets (it was a start date and finishing date on one of the employer pages so they could check hrs worked)

i emailed a copy of the page with everything filled out correctlyfew days later the money came out of the credit card. i then waited about 3 weeks and never heard nothing from them and i started getting itchy feet so i emailed the girl again who was dealing with my application, within minutes she emailed me a copy of the certificate straight threw and told me it had been posted 2 weeks previous. the nnext morning it was sittin on the door step
Old Feb 27th 2012, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Stu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really nice

He has just downloaded the forms for the appenticeship board. But will hold off filling them out for a while,
Thanks and good luck with your forms[/QUOTE]

I'd still apply now, the approval letter you receive from the aait is valid for 1 year. It's one less thing to worry about.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

merylbaz is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd still apply now, the approval letter you receive from the aait is valid for 1 year. It's one less thing to worry about.[/QUOTE]

We thought it was just 6 months
Old Feb 28th 2012, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

Stu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really nice

Once AAIT check out your credentials and work experience etc you will receive a letter stating that you can challenge the appropriate trade exam. (heavy equipment technician in my case)
The letter is valid for 1 year, however, you must pass the exam within 6 months of arriving in Canada and you have upto 4 attempts if you show you are improving/studying towards each attempt.

It can take anywhere between 1 month (for my friend) and 3 months (for mine) to be completed from first applying to receiving the letter.

Good luck
Old Feb 28th 2012, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Hi all, just been looking into the trade secrets website for aait approval and the information available seems to be for people who are applying for an LMO or who have already secured a job. As when passed you can apply through the APNP for PR.

If you have or almost have PR in not sure how you go about the process. ( I may be wrong here but it's worth checking)

If anyone requires a direct contact number for Carmen Andrews in Calgary please PM me and I'll pass on her number. She is very helpful and will send you in the right direction.

Stu
Old Feb 28th 2012, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

fireranger4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stu_g2004
Once AAIT check out your credentials and work experience etc you will receive a letter stating that you can challenge the appropriate trade exam. (heavy equipment technician in my case)
The letter is valid for 1 year, however, you must pass the exam within 6 months of arriving in Canada and you have upto 4 attempts if you show you are improving/studying towards each attempt.

It can take anywhere between 1 month (for my friend) and 3 months (for mine) to be completed from first applying to receiving the letter.

Good luck
the first 2 are free then u have to prove to the AIT that you and your company are making positive steps towards achiving it
Old Feb 28th 2012, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fireranger4
the first 2 are free then u have to prove to the AIT that you and your company are making positive steps towards achiving it
I was told by the AAIT the FIRST test is included in the initial $450 fee and further tests are funded by yourself.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Have

Have spoke to Ait today and said as we have pr we can not have credntials assessed until we land. We can have them checked if we were a temp worker, but as we already have pr we will have to wait till we land.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.