Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Has anyone driven from Toronto to Vancouver?

Wikiposts

Has anyone driven from Toronto to Vancouver?

Old Jul 13th 2006, 4:18 am
End of the line

IceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Has anyone driven from Toronto to Vancouver?

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Live a little and thumb it!
What with children and dog?
Old Jul 13th 2006, 4:31 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IceMaiden
Have you no sense of adventure?
Old Jul 13th 2006, 4:32 am
End of the line

IceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of lightIceMaiden is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Have you no sense of adventure?
Adventure yes, but that would be just suicidal
Old Jul 13th 2006, 4:36 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Adventure yes, but that would be just suicidal
Maybe not suicidal but I think either the dog or kids may meet an untimely death along the way
Old Jul 13th 2006, 4:46 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh c'mon IceMaiden, you know I'm having a blonde day!
Old Jul 13th 2006, 4:51 am
End of the line

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Oh c'mon IceMaiden, you know I'm having a blonde day!
I thought everyday was a 'blonde day'. I know that it usually is for me!
Old Jul 15th 2006, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Canuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck74 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toaris
We are due to move to Ottawa in 3 weeks and are flying into Toronto. Now here is the fly in the ointment. My husband Gareth has just had an interview for a job in Vancouver which looks pretty positive. We have made the decision to leave the flights as they are and drive the family and our labrador right across to Vancouver. I really need advice at this stage. Has anyone done this trip? what about good stopping off points with a few hotels? once we have landed can we go down into America, Is it better to do the Canadian route or the American route? please help!!!!

Montreal to Calgary took about 3 days and half by car. Driving 12 hours each day. Toronto to Vancouver would probably take you 5 days with 12 hours of driving each day.
Old Jul 15th 2006, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

Toaris has a brilliant futureToaris has a brilliant futureToaris has a brilliant futureToaris has a brilliant futureToaris has a brilliant futureToaris has a brilliant future

Thanks for all your replies. The company will pay for the car hire and I have a very reasonable price of £520 for 2 weeks dodge grand caravan and $700 one way rental charge. I have not been told of any fee for cleaning it out after having the dog in it. I must admit the thought of twisters frightens me alot! We have decided that we will take about 10 days to do the trip so I think that would be fairly leisurely. I think of it as an adventure. How often do you get the chance to do a one way trip like that!

Life is an adventure take every opportunity, thats my moto!
Old Jul 16th 2006, 1:54 am
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toaris
Thanks for all your replies. The company will pay for the car hire and I have a very reasonable price of £520 for 2 weeks dodge grand caravan and $700 one way rental charge. I have not been told of any fee for cleaning it out after having the dog in it. I must admit the thought of twisters frightens me alot! We have decided that we will take about 10 days to do the trip so I think that would be fairly leisurely. I think of it as an adventure. How often do you get the chance to do a one way trip like that!

Life is an adventure take every opportunity, thats my moto!
Sign up for the hire car loyality program... you may find at the end of your trip you have enough miles that they'll clean the car at no expense

P.S. I've driven for T.O to Alaska round trip was 21 days,
T.O to Vancouver my estimate would be max 5 days