Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hants County NS.. C.I.S

Hants County NS.. C.I.S

Old Jan 27th 2010, 4:44 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hants County NS.. C.I.S

Originally Posted by val50
just a few observations from this post:

The reference to shouting came about as you wrote in capitals - this is considered shouting on the forum
This is a British Expats website, most of it's members are from UK originally, although we do have members from all over the world. Therefore most people reading your posts would presume your first language was English. If you'd introduced yourself properly in your first post, this misunderstanding would not have occurred.
Finally, if you are a representative of Hants County, then you are hardly doing a good PR job for them on here.
Very well put !
Old Jan 27th 2010, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

sheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to all

just to add my two penith...

We visited 3 counties and 3 RDO's when we came over and each had a very different take on the process....

Kings required letters from people that knew you and could confirm that you would be a good fit... MaDonna at Kings was lovely and made a massive fuss of our kids...

At Hants we met Pat the RDO who we all feel in love with... you just felt she would invite us to tea she was that welcoming... their stipulation was as been said before, they needed an established history, for example buying a holiday home and visiting for a number of years... building foundations for a life there...

Margo at Colchester was again warm and friendly and she wanted to make sure that you were a right fit for Colchester... although I'm not sure why she gave us the green light after my 3 had sat ds'ing pictures of boobies to each other throughout the interview... ... not the first impression that I wanted to leave.... but hey ho, kids are kids and at least they now know that ours have a sense of humour.... hopefully the tact will come later on in life....!

All 3 were Fantastic!!!!! Each sold there area extremely well and we would have lived in each one as each had something special... personally were torn between Colchester and Kings, Colchester won..... although I must it was very very close.... We are happy that we have chosen Truro, it ticks all the boxes for us as a growing family but I can see us camping down in Kings a fair bit....

We haven't even got our letter intent in yet so I can't help you with the process but I would strongly advise visiting as many RDO's that you can, there is nowhere in Nova Scotia, as far as I am concerned, that won't make you feel at home...

Shelley x
Old Jan 27th 2010, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sheli0508

We visited 3 counties and 3 RDO's when we came over and each had a very different take on the process....

Kings required letters from people that knew you and could confirm that you would be a good fit... MaDonna at Kings was lovely and made a massive fuss of our kids...

At Hants we met Pat the RDO who we all feel in love with... you just felt she would invite us to tea she was that welcoming... their stipulation was as been said before, they needed an established history, for example buying a holiday home and visiting for a number of years... building foundations for a life there...

Margo at Colchester was again warm and friendly and she wanted to make sure that you were a right fit for Colchester... although I'm not sure why she gave us the green light after my 3 had sat ds'ing pictures of boobies to each other throughout the interview... ... not the first impression that I wanted to leave.... but hey ho, kids are kids and at least they now know that ours have a sense of humour.... hopefully the tact will come later on in life....!

All 3 were Fantastic!!!!! Each sold there area extremely well and we would have lived in each one as each had something special... personally were torn between Colchester and Kings, Colchester won..... although I must it was very very close.... We are happy that we have chosen Truro, it ticks all the boxes for us as a growing family but I can see us camping down in Kings a fair bit....

We haven't even got our letter intent in yet so I can't help you with the process but I would strongly advise visiting as many RDO's that you can, there is nowhere in Nova Scotia, as far as I am concerned, that won't make you feel at home...

Shelley x
I've googled RDOs but haven't had much luck. Where do you find their contact details?
Old Jan 27th 2010, 9:34 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
I've googled RDOs but haven't had much luck. Where do you find their contact details?
its RDA's

here is link

http://www.nsarda.ca/
Old Jan 27th 2010, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
its RDA's

here is link

http://www.nsarda.ca/
My mistake and thanks for the link
Old Jan 28th 2010, 12:02 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Shelley x
Very helpful post Shelly. The only thing I would add as advice to others is that some RDA's like to think they are really the only region you are considering rather than having "done the rounds" to see which RDA offers the path of least resistence.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 12:25 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by florexandra2006
Well first of all you took it as a "shouting my opinion" , but I believe you might have also considered that English was not my first language and I haven't mastered it yet at the level you people have. Anyway, what I actually wanted you to know is that if you needed first hand information on the Hants RDA requirements under the CIS you could ask me because I work in this capacity for them and I would be more than happy to help with providing the right information.That's all.
Have a great day!
Hi florexandra2006 and welcome to the forum! You're not the first person I have seen to join the forum and not necessarily get the "royal welcome". Its a peculiar place - very entertaining, very informative and lots of fun. But it sometimes takes a little while to be accepted and to be able to voice strong opinions without causing outrage. I seem to recall my first few contributions being met in a similar fashion by more senior members. But you will find that you quickly get accepted and made welcome after the initial frosty reception!

Another thing that I think is a particular challenge is to decide in what capacity you are involved with the forum. I.e. do you post anonymously as an ordinary member? Or, if you are representing an organisation and posting in a semi-official capacity, do you post messages under a real name and effectively put your name to what you are saying? I think its probably hard to combine the two and to represent a known organisation whilst also remaining anonymous. It's something I wrestled with for a while. Originally I posted messages under the username NSpaul but in the end I decided it was better to be "me".

A big WELCOME once again (and sorry for shouting!)
Old Jan 28th 2010, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

sheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to allsheli0508 is a name known to all

Thanks for the positive feedback Paul , you are right that the forum can be 'peculiar' at times to the point I only post now when I feel I can add some value.

I agree in part about not been seen to do the 'rounds'. We had researched our areas thoroughly prior to visiting for potential work contacts, the 3 mentioned where our best option for home/work life balance. We were honest with all the RDA's that we met and they were also honest with us. We genuinely did find it hard making the final decision where we wanted to live. It is a difficult life changing decision that we all make when we decide to move oversea's (and believe me I am feeling that at the moment a I type this in Sunny Melbourne).

I just wish we had been true to our dream a lot earlier... our heads would be in a better place and our pockets might be a tad fuller.... life's a journey...

Sx
Old Jan 28th 2010, 10:12 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the positive feedback Paul , you are right that the forum can be 'peculiar' at times to the point I only post now when I feel I can add some value.

I agree in part about not been seen to do the 'rounds'. We had researched our areas thoroughly prior to visiting for potential work contacts, the 3 mentioned where our best option for home/work life balance. We were honest with all the RDA's that we met and they were also honest with us. We genuinely did find it hard making the final decision where we wanted to live. It is a difficult life changing decision that we all make when we decide to move oversea's (and believe me I am feeling that at the moment a I type this in Sunny Melbourne).

I just wish we had been true to our dream a lot earlier... our heads would be in a better place and our pockets might be a tad fuller.... life's a journey...

Sx
Hi Shelley,

Nice to see you back, thought you were in aus for now, hope you are keeping well
xxx