Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Halifax Zoom flights cancelled until 24 May!

Halifax Zoom flights cancelled until 24 May!

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

lynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant future
Default Halifax Zoom flights cancelled until 24 May!

If anyone is booked before 24th May you may be getting a phone call to let you know that Zoom have cancelled all their flights to Halifax from Gatwick until 24th May due to insufficient passengers.

I've managed to get on with Canadian Affair on 6 May but had originally planned on going 3 May, but they were all booked up.

Now to change the accomodation, hotel, car hire, kennels, ferry etc.

lynda
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:27 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Halifax Zoom flights cancelled until 24 May!

Sorry to hear re all the hassle you have got, we tried to book zoom for the 14th May -24th a couple of weeks ago and I was told they were full up

We since booked on Canadian affair for 13th -22nd May

I assume Canadian Affair will be putting their prices up fairly sharpish!!

Hope everything gets sorted re your trip, Im not sure if our dates coincide? I will be putting a note out for a meet up a couple of weeks before, it sounds like the last one was really good!!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:54 pm
Job Hunting in Ottawa

sheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of light

I've found Air Canada to be just as cheap as zoom recently anyway.

Zoom used to have brilliant upgrades, but now they're expensive as hell.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

mart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nice

Originally Posted by lynpy
If anyone is booked before 24th May you may be getting a phone call to let you know that Zoom have cancelled all their flights to Halifax from Gatwick until 24th May due to insufficient passengers.

I've managed to get on with Canadian Affair on 6 May but had originally planned on going 3 May, but they were all booked up.

Now to change the accomodation, hotel, car hire, kennels, ferry etc.

lynda
i hope its just gatwick flights, flying with zoom on 4th May from glasgow
, did you get a full refund
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:14 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mart2612
I hope your flight is okay - I would definitely give them a call and check though.

If it's not okay, then you may have to go for Canadian Affair on the 6th from Gatwick. My mum is on that flight. She had to fly from Aberdeen to Gatwick with Flybe as BA gave up that route at the end of last year.

Flybe is coming in very cheap at 2.89 GBP each or 119.96 for all 4 of you including taxes (one-way). The flight time is also very good for your onward connection with Canadian Affair. I have checked Canadian Affair and they still have seats available.

Good luck
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

lynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant future

Don't worry Glasgow is fine, as they wanted to transfer me on to that flight otherwise they said they could fly me to Toronto!
Obviously there was no quibble about a refund and they were apologetic, but I'm still out of pocket. But hey, ho it could've been worse, at least I've got another flight even if I do have to reorganise everything!
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Sorry to hear re all the hassle you have got, we tried to book zoom for the 14th May -24th a couple of weeks ago and I was told they were full up

We since booked on Canadian affair for 13th -22nd May

I assume Canadian Affair will be putting their prices up fairly sharpish!!

Hope everything gets sorted re your trip, Im not sure if our dates coincide? I will be putting a note out for a meet up a couple of weeks before, it sounds like the last one was really good!!
Hi Nikki
I look out for your posting and as we aren't leaving now until the 20th I'm sure we'll be able to come to the meet up.
Can't wait!
Lynda
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

mart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nice

Don't worry Glasgow is fine, as they wanted to transfer me on to that flight otherwise they said they could fly me to Toronto!
Obviously there was no quibble about a refund and they were apologetic, but I'm still out of pocket. But hey, ho it could've been worse, at least I've got another flight even if I do have to reorganise everything!
we are flying air canada next week there prices were reasonable but have to fly to heathrow to toronto then halifax . we are then flying one way with zoom even the dog got a good deal
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
I hope your flight is okay - I would definitely give them a call and check though.

If it's not okay, then you may have to go for Canadian Affair on the 6th from Gatwick. My mum is on that flight. She had to fly from Aberdeen to Gatwick with Flybe as BA gave up that route at the end of last year.

Flybe is coming in very cheap at 2.89 GBP each or 119.96 for all 4 of you including taxes (one-way). The flight time is also very good for your onward connection with Canadian Affair. I have checked Canadian Affair and they still have seats available.

Good luck
getting good deals bmi to heathrow and of course we joined star alliance flying club to collect points but flybe sounds good.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:02 am
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute

we are flying air canada next week there prices were reasonable but have to fly to heathrow to toronto then halifax . we are then flying one way with zoom even the dog got a good deal
Are you flying out on Thursday next week? We had booked direct on that day then Air Canada cancelled the flight and put us on the Friday one which would really knacker us up. We managed to get the flight via Toronto so at least we arrive on Thursday.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:04 am
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute

Just realised who you are!!!! We will see you out there
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Nearly died when I read the title!

As my mum is flying out with Zoom on the 11th May from Glasgow.

Hope everyone gets their flights sorted.

Last edited by NovaBoy; Apr 3rd 2008 at 12:20 pm. Reason: nada
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Really sorry, that was my fault as I should have stated it was the Gatwick flights not Glasgow.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Really sorry, that was my fault as I should have stated it was the Gatwick flights not Glasgow.
Not a problem - had a spike in the old Blood Pressure but it seems to be leveling off now!

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kazbob
Are you flying out on Thursday next week? We had booked direct on that day then Air Canada cancelled the flight and put us on the Friday one which would really knacker us up. We managed to get the flight via Toronto so at least we arrive on Thursday.
no we are flying on saturday, we are very excited.
are you the lovely people we are renting a house from,